Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Freaking out a little.

Over this.


And this.


Oh, and this.


We're getting down to go-time, so I figured I'd break out my big box-o-meds and see if I could figure out what's what. (These pictures are just a sampling of what's in the box, mind you.) Instead, I nearly start crying after having an unexpected why-the-hell-do-I-have-to-go-through-all-this-crap-for-a-damn-baby moment. Make a mental note that we may need to repeat Injectables 101 with the nurse this week. Make a second note that much of my afternoon tomorrow should be spent on the pharmacy websites watching how-to videos. Deep breath, swallow. Throw everything back in the big box. Too much to tackle tonight. I think I'll go watch Modern Family and go to bed early instead.

6 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You can do it, Bestie!!

Julie Tiemann said...

I'm sorry. :( It's really not fair, I know. BUT, if anyone can do it, YOU can.

katie lake said...

I can't believe all the craziness you have to do. I know you can do though. I think it is cool you are being so open about all of this!

Jill said...

YES,my friend, TOTALLY NORMAL. Welcome to the IVF roller coaster. You go so easily from "sweet...this is going to be awesome"..to "this freaking SUCKS...it takes all THIS for me...WHY"..to "wow, this is fascinating, kind of wish I'd been a doctor"...hang in there girl. And I'm happy to come to your place and give you a demonstration. The menopur was the one that freaked me out but it's not bad. I combined the Gonal and menopur - we will chat. You'll do great!! Praying every day!

Renee said...

It does suck that you have to do this and it is not fair and you completely deserve to have a moment. But just think this will all be a distant memory when you are holding your sweet baby and will just be a part of "your story" one day. You can do it!!

Jill said...

Holy needles! I do not envy you all the pricks and sticks, but I was the "injector" for most of the injections my friend/neighbor took for IVF a few years ago (and she has three girls now, BTW!). I also give myself B12 injections once a week and the only advice I have to give (through trial and error) is put the needle in fast and straight - not angled. Little to no bruising and much less painful. Other than that...PRAYING and PRAYING!