Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's MY day!

Last night in my women's small group we were talking about how to rid ourselves of self-glorification. Well I must start that tomorrow, because today is my BIRTHDAY!!! If you haven't figured it out yet, I LOVE my birthday! No matter the age... maybe that will change someday but I doubt it. As far as I can tell, life only gets better every year. And what a blessing to make it another year with a smile! The first 33 years have been pretty darn good. And I plan to kick some major ass in year 34.

No Moo-Goo-approved cake for me this year (although I may or may not have had half a brownie with breakfast), so I spent a couple of minutes this morning reminiscing over my uber-fabulous 30th birthday cake. Wasn't it so dreamy?

The hub and I are going to P.F. Chang's tonight for dinner - they have a huge gluten-free menu! So excited! We don't go out much, so this is quite the splurge for us. It definitely tops the $1.50 hot dog combo at Costco (our usual date night spot).

17 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope it will be wonderful!

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope it is a great day.

Charbelle said...

Have a wonderful wonderful birthday!!!

Sasha said...

Happy Birthday!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Fran said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fabulous day!

Fran

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Happiest birthday wishes, Bestie!! LOVE love love you!

Erica said...

The happiest of all birthdays to you. I hope it's a fabulous new year for you!

Muffy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

AEOT said...

Happy, happy day! Praying for a great year for you!!

BroncoMom said...

Happy Birthday Betty!!

Anonymous said...

Being 34 rocks! Yay to the 76' baby girls! Happy Birthday!

Buford Betty said...

C. Brooks - oh I'm a 77 girl - don't age me too quickly now!! ;-)

Mary Beth said...

You and I have the same birthday! Happy Birthday to you!!

Jess said...

I'm a 77 girl too! Happy Birthday! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Ellen said...

Happy B'day! How cool is it that I'm the same age as the fabulous Buford Betty?
I'm glad you had a special day, and I wish only the best for you this year and the years ahead!

Anonymous said...

Damn! I'm older than you?! 9/12/76 here, just turned 34 :)

Sounds like you had a great birthday!

Cari