Saturday, February 23, 2008

An impromptu birthday gathering...

The hub's 34th birthday is Monday. And what was going to be me cooking a fun dinner for him tonight, somehow turned into me cooking for 15 people. We had a date at Costco last night. Got a bunch of stuff for tonight and had our $3.00 hot-dog-and-coke dinner (can't beat that!). It was a crazy night in Buford!

I'm making my list for Publix right now and I'm about to run out the door. I'm also baking him a cake today. That should be interesting. I consider myself pretty crafty, but cake decorating is NOT one of my talents. So I imagine it's gonna look real nice. I was telling bestest all about my cake plans and she was like oh, just do something from a box - those are actually good. And I was like, um... what made you think I was considering anything else? Bake it from scratch? Puhleeez... I always knew boxes would be involved. Hehehehe! I *wish* I had bestest's baking skills.

Alright, I've got a to-do list a mile long. Better run!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl I am with you! i may have some crafty skills but there is a reason I married a fireman...they can cook!

Have Fun!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your dear husband! I hope the dinner party is a blast.

Hair Girl said...

Add a little extra vanilla and butter flavoring to any box cake and people rave. You can pick up butter flavoring at Micheal's, its by Wilton. I add it to all my baked goods, it adds richness without altering the recipe.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

How did the par-tay turn out?

Suburban prep said...

Hope the get together was great.
Isn't that the best deal at Costco. The hotdog and pop for that price. Hubby and I usually try to go around lunch on the weekend and there you go --can't beat it.

Sasha said...

How did the cake turn out? That's the most important thing you know, the sweets!

Mrs of the Regiment said...

Hope the party goes really well. It is amazing how tasty a cheap hot dog and coke can be! - we love the ikea ones:)