Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Birthday Boy.

Phew... I finally stole a second to sit down and blog! It's been a busy few days. I've got to get my cake pics off of the hub's camera. OMG it was awesome - it looked like a 5-year old made it. Let's just say I chose the wrong day to experiment with food coloring. It was yummy though!

The birthday shindig went great. The hub had a great time, and that's of course all that mattered. My eyes widened though when I saw him doing tequila shots. Oh dear... he never does those. Needless to say, he was pretty worthless the next day. Although I have to give him props because we did make it to the 9 o'clock church service the next morning! And then immediately back to the couch afterwards...

Monday was his actual birthday. Now we are big birthday people. We like to make a big deal out of birthdays and we also like to drag them out as long as possible. A week-long birthday is about par. So it started Saturday and our final birthday festivity for the hub will be this Saturday when we celebrate here with my parents. My mom's birthday is in early March, so we always do a combo-birthday dinner out. So we didn't have any major plans for Monday since we had the dinner party this past Saturday. (And I can hardly call that a dinner party - it was so not that sophisticated.) We were just going to take it easy Monday and have a casual dinner out or something. Well I had to find a way to work in a few surprises and make it fun, so at lunch on Monday I ran home and left some goodies in the kitchen for the hub (who would surely beat me home that evening).




We don't go crazy with gifts $$ wise, but we like to do goofy things like this. The big brown thing is a body pillow from the doggies. And then there are 4 rolled up spring polo's from me from Old Navy. They have some really cute polo's this season - and SO cheap. Hubby is so bad about getting crap on his shirts so I hate to spend a lot on them. Oh and Gertie is terrified of the balloon "monsters," by the way. Last night the hub tied one to her so it was "chasing" her around the house. Poor girl was traumatized. Aren't we horrible? We felt so bad... but it was rather hilarious.

I'll have to get the cake pics on here so you can see my work of art!

In other news... not preggers. Guess my mental issues are due to age. Aunt Flo dropped in over the weekend and set up camp. That bitch.

Also... and update on my gpa - he is not doing well. He was rushed to the hospital yesterday and is very sick. My parents went up yesterday afternoon, so we are just kind of hanging tight to hear what happens. Please keep him in your prayers!

2 comments:

LSU Melanie said...

what a fun birthday weekend, can't wait to see the cake! P.S. I love the color of your wall in the kitchen.

The Mrs. said...

I love how creative you are! We have week long bdays too! So bummed you're not preggers!