Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Heading out...

Well, the news just isn't good, so we've decided to pack up and head to Chattanooga to see my gpa. The hub already left work and is getting the dogs taken care of. Gertie is going to a friend's house and Belly and Charlie are going here. They totally love it there, so I know they'll be having fun. And our friends' 3 year old is Gertie's best friend, so I know those two will have a ball. Keep gpa in your prayers, please! And safe travels for all the fam trying to get to him. He's in ICU now but is being moved to a private room at some point today. The doctor doesn't expect him to make it past another day or two. He has been unresponsive thus far, but hopefully he'll be able to recognize us - we'll see. I'm just so glad we got to see him a couple of weeks ago on a really good day. Here's a pic my dad took just this past Monday of him in his favorite place - Wal-mart. (OK, second favorite - Golden Corral takes #1.) How cute is he?

Gran


Thanks again for all your sweet comments. I'll be in touch!

11 comments:

Libby said...

Take care and safe travels. Your family and particularly gpa will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I will be thinking of you and your grandfather. Have a safe trip.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You and your family are in my prayers! I'm sending you blog hugs!

Sasha said...

So sorry to hear about your gpa! Thinking of you and your family....

Michelle said...

Saying a prayer for y'all. (((hugs)))

Some Like it Southern said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I will be praying for both you Grandpa and your family.

Lori said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for gpa.
I love the sweet picture of him, that is too cute. :)

LSU Melanie said...

I'll be praying for him. Safe travels.

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer for you and your family! Cute picture of the gpa!

Heather said...

I will say a prayer for your grandpa. I am sorry to hear about this. He is so cute in the picture. Safe travels!

The Mrs. said...

Could he be cuter!!!!??