Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Come and get it!

So my crockpot chicken was sooooooo good last night. There was no real thinking involved, so it totally could've been hit or miss. I just grabbed stuff out of the pantry that I thought might work. A definite hit, though! Here's what I threw in the pot before running out the door yesterday morning...

- 2 frozen boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can of Progresso's Carb monitor Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup
- 1 can of Rotel, drained (Mexican blend with lime & cilantro)

The soup was quite tasty - I'd never had it before. And the dish had a great kick to it. Doing it over again, I'd add a cup of uncooked rice I think. Didn't think about that at the time. The chicken was so yummy... just fell apart.


I'm going to the grocery tonight to get the goods for our Valentine fondue dinner. And I think I'll get the stuff to make Lori's truffles to bring into the office - those look so good! And I'm totally not a big sweets person - but those have few enough ingredients that I think I could like them. I don't like desserts with too many "ingredients" - including ice cream. My limit is 2 really with ice cream. Mint chocolate chip - fine. But I can't handle like Rocky Road or Turtle Tracks or whatever - WAY too much going on. So anyway, I'll be playing in the kitchen tonight. I just hope I have enough energy. I always make these optomistic to-do lists during the day, but when I get home, I'm just worthless and don't want to do anything!

6 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

so proud of you for making up your own recipe and measuring anything! it sounds delish too! i heart crockpots!

LSU Melanie said...

sounds good, i'll have to give your soup a try! I too, am trying Lori's truffles, seems so easy!!! Have a great Valentines day!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Yum! I am going to try that! Thanks for sharing! Rachael Ray better watch out, your recipes sound great!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing the chicken recipe, sounds yummy and I LOVE using the crock pot!
I hope you enjoy the truffles~
Happy Valentine's Day!

Kate said...

That recipe sounds fantastic! I will have to try it!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

That sounds like my kind of recipe! Thanks for sharing!

I have decided to go private for a little while so if you'd like an invitation, just email me at preppypinkgreen@yahoo.com