Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Almost bake-ready.

Got my 2nd $600-menopause-sympton-inducing shot yesterday at the doctor's office. That sucker hurt, too... my left cheek was rather sore last night. Anyway, my second surgery is being scheduled right now and I'm awaiting a call back to hear when it is. It'll be one of two Tuesdays in September (why a Tuesday? - hell if I know) and I'm really praying it's the earlier of the two because I'll have to miss my godmother's wedding down in St. George if it's the later date. From my previous experience, I know there's no way I'd make a wedding three days after surgery - 6 hours away, no less.
I asked my doctor what the next steps were... assuming all goes according to plan with this second and final surgery. There is a bit of risk involved because my uterine tissue has a weak spot (which is why he couldn't get everything done on the first try back in June). So there is a chance of rupturing it and then shoot... who knows what... I don't know. We saw several little Chinese girls last week while on our trip that were obviously adopted. They're pretty damn cute. Maybe I'll just get me one of those. Pam - maybe you can pack me in your suitcase and I'll just get one too while we're there. Hehehehehe.. Anyway, if all goes well with surgery #2, my doctor said we can start trying immediately! I will have to have one more HSG to make sure everything looks good, but that should be the final "procedure." It's weird - I was telling my mom that going through all this mess with doctor visit after doctor visit, procedure after procedure, drug after drug, you soon forget what your end goal in all this is. It freaks me out a little bit to think we could be prego very soon! Super exciting yes, but omg... wow. I celebrated by ordering a new pair of Delman's (on sale of course, duh).

And yes I know my Maine pics aren't up yet... I'm about half way through with my Maine blog. Hold tight! What the heck is going on with the spacing on this thing... it's driving me nuts.

UPDATE:
Just got the call about my surgery and I got the date I wanted... 9/18 - woo hoo!

7 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm praying for you. Crossing my fingers. Wishing on stars. And sending you love and good thoughts!

Love the shoes- sooo cute!

Michelle said...

Here's to hoping that all goes as planned!

DebbieDo said...

Glad you got the date you wanted. St. George is a great place to visit especially for a celebration!

Hope all goes well with the surgery.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

How exciting!! One step closer!

Britt said...

Good luck with your surgery!

Suburban prep said...

All the best for your surgery. Prayers.

Too cute with the shoes.

tulipmom said...

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. Those shoes are fabulous!