Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Weekend.








So the weekend with the bachelorette was a lot of fun. We hostesses were able to check in to the room early and get it set up for the lingerie shower. We strung thongs on a clothes line and got the rest of the room good and girly. Lunch at The Grape was fun. I think I had a little too much wine! I was feeling pretty good! A couple of girls didn't show up. One we knew about since she called the night before, but the other just didn't bother to call. Poor bride. She called this girl while we're gathered at lunch, thinking maybe she's lost... but no. She was like, "oh yeah, I got sick earlier this week and I'm in bed." Earlier this week... so it never occurred to you to pick up the phone and let us know you weren't going to show up?! Whatever.

There were nine of us total, and it was a great number actually - no one ended up on the floor in the room! We had one air matress, so everyone had a bed of sorts. Anyway, after lunch the bride and her entourage went shopping while we hostesses scooted back to the room for last minute preparations. We started the lingerie shower around 5:30, which was a lot of fun. We had more wine and margaritas, along with these fabulous cookies I got from a local bakery. They are beyond cute!! I so wish I could take credit for these - but hey, I did tell them the colors and what I wanted on them.... does that count? I can't wait to find an excuse to use them again - they were great. I'm thinking I need some monogrammed cookies for my 30th birthday in October, don't you think? Maybe as favors? OK so after the shower we had a yummy dinner delivered to the room. Then we all got dolled up to go out - an hour (and then some) long process with 9 girls and only two bathrooms. We started out here for some magaritas and sangria. Then we walked over here in search of dancing. We ran into several other brides-to-be. They didn't really have a dancefloor, but they had a good DJ and people were kind of dancing - sort of. And they did have a stripper pole, which we finally got the blushing bride on after a few drinks. We had a great time but I think the people-watching had to be the best part of the whole night. I swear... you can just sit me on a bench somewhere like this and I'm entertained for hours.

We were back in the room by 1:30 and stayed up gabbing for a while before crashing. I didn't get to bed till 3am - I can't tell you the last time I was up that late. I'm very much a person that operates by daylight, so I'm by no means a night owl. And you already know I don't go "out" much! I still managed to get a good 6 hours of sleep, though it took me a couple of days to fully recover. I was pretty worthless on Sunday! All-in-all, the weekend was a total success and I think our kuntry bride had a great time. I must give major kudos to the hotel - they were so accommodating, from helping us get an extra early check-in to calling me on my cell phone after they discovered someone left a dress in the room after our departure. Enjoy the pics. Seriously... aren't the cookies to die for?! They taste fabulous too - and I'm not even a huge cookie person. Check out the favors too... aren't they so fun?! We had a ball putting those together.

13 comments:

tulipmom said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all. All who showed up, that is.
I will NEVER understand people who don't call, don't show up, nothing!

Great-looking cookies!

Lori said...

Darling, looks like some great girly fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. We had loved the hotel too.

Melissa said...

Everything is so adorable! LOVE those cookies!

DebbieDo said...

Great pictures! I love the cookies and it sounds like a really great time.

Great job planning!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Love it all! What were the favors? The packaging is fabu. And we are so getting purse cookies in Nov for the trunk show!

Buford Betty said...

The favors boxes were filled with a fun assortment of girly goodies... "dirty girl" gum, girly mints, a couple of lip products from ELF, and a bath fizzy and nail file from Target.

Allie_in_Ga said...

So freakin cute!!!

Britt said...

That sounds like a great weekend!! Good job hostess ( I can't handle late nights, with no sleep either - I was worthless last weekend after a one night bach. party I attended!)

Suburban prep said...

The cookies are too cute. Sounds like you all had a ball.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Love it all! So cute!!

Michelle said...

The cookies are just adorable! The weekend sounds like a fun time and hope your friend has a lovely wedding.

PS said...

sounds like fun...those cookies are too cute!