Friday, August 24, 2007

A weekend of good girly fun!


I'm a busy, busy bee right now... busy at work (OK aside from my little lunch break here to post this!), and busy getting ready for my kuntry bride's bachelorette weekend. The festivities begin tomorrow afternoon. We've got a room at Twelve reserved and there are about 11 of us staying the night. It's gonna be crazy! And I should say condo rather than room - because at Twelve you actually are staying in a furnished condo with a full kitchen and all. Ours is a 2 bedroom/2 bath - so it's not like 10 of us are crammed into a normal hotel room. Still, it'll be crowded and a total sleepover like atmosphere - but what fun!

I'm beyond excited, but I had a mere panic attack over the fact that I have nothing to wear "out" tomorrow night. I mean, I just don't go "out." Rarely anyway. My idea of going out is meeting friends at a fun new restaurant in town and getting gitty over a good bottle of wine. So my clubbing wardrobe is non-existant. Even in college I was not huge into going to bars and clubs. I mean I did my fair share, but just to give you an idea... instead of typical "keggers," my bestest and I threw themed dinner parties. Uh huh. Seemed totally normal to us, but looking back we just laugh at how funny that is. And we went to a big party school mind you - so, dinner parties = NOT normal. They were damn good dinner parties though. Anyway - back to my original point... I really have nothing in my closet to wear Saturday night. So of course... against my better judgment, I ran over to Off 5th at lunch just to see if they had anything fun that I could work with. As usual, they did not disappoint. One of my girlfriends (who is not as foreign to going out as I am) told me that a lot of girls are wearing simple dresses with funky shoes out. OK, I can do that. Well I totally found the cutest dress ever at Off 5th - just kind of stumbled upon it, so I think I'm set. I had a coupon, too, so that made me love it even more! And it's something I can wear to work also - it can totally go from day to night. Wish I had a pic to share... but anyway, that problem is solved.

So the girly weekend starts with lunch at The Grape, followed by an afternoon of shopping. Then we'll have a lingerie shower in the room and dinner will be catered in. We originally wanted to do dinner out but everything we looked at was going to be too expensive. Places wanted contracts and minimum orders for our large party - no thanks! Then after dinner we'll head out for a night on the town. I'm also throwing together two yummy breakfast casseroles that we'll pop in the oven Sunday morning. Assuming we're not too hungover, hahaha! It should be a great weekend and a fun little get-away. I'm sure I'll have some fun stories to share!

Have a great weekend, y'all! :-)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Have fun...DH were at The Grape a few weekends ago because that other place on the other end of Phipps made me feel way old and everyone there looked just a bit too...ah...plastik. Life at the other end of the spectrum...

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

can't wait to hear the deets and see pics! i'm sure y'all had a ball together.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

can't wait to hear the deets and see pics! i'm sure y'all had a ball together.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Have a great time!!