Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ding Dong! The witch is dead...

...which old witch?


The wicked-freaking-townhouse-in-Dunwoody-we-could-never-effing-sell-witch!!! We did it, we did it, we did it! As of 1:50pm yesterday afternoon, our townhouse is SOLD!!!!!!!

Oh man... I just feel so blessed to be rid of that thing. It has been a really, REALLY long summer for us with that thing on the market. Especially this crap-ass market. Yeah, one of the girls in our small group asked a couple of weeks ago (when we were under contract) if we'd be making a good profit and I just started laughing. I was like, "oh honey, no... the buyer's not the only one who'll be writing a fat check." And yes, that all sucks and it's sad or whatever - but it's done and I'm just SO relieved! We had two buyers flake out on us, so after that I just stopped talking about it. I didn't want to jinx it... I didn't want people to tell us "congratulations" when we mentioned a contract... the market's just so crappy right now that buyers are bailing left and right. So until the papers were signed yesterday, I really wasn't able to celebrate. But girls, the fat lady has hit her high note!


Woo hoooooooo!!!! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

Hope y'all have a great weekend... I'm off to be a domestic diva today (as you can see by today's outfit - ha). I will probably run to Kroger to get the Sunday paper, but that's it. I signed up for The Grocery Game this week and I can't wait to try it out this weekend. Do any of y'all do this? The teachers in our FPU class RAVE about it. Alright, a big ass pile of laundry is calling my name...


26 comments:

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS, I'm so glad it sold!! Have a Great weekend!!!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Congratulations! I am so glad you all have that behind you.

I have not tried the Grocery Game yet, but I am interested. Let us know what you think!

Enjoy your weekend!

Muffy said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!!

Jess said...

Congratulations, there is hope after all, are house in KY is still for sale, but I know what you mean... if we sold today at our asking price we would still have to pay about $5000 and each mo. we pay out $1400 for the mortgage! UGH!!!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! I can only imagine how much stress was just lifted. Good to know that there is hope!

Mags said...

Congratulations!!! This market sucks, but at least that monkey is off of your back!!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

CON GRAT U LAT IONS!!!!!!! Sooooo excited for y'all to have that off your backs!

I just signed up for the Grocery Game too- fun!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Wonderful news!!!

Ellen said...

LOL...cute post with the pictures! Congratulations :)

Maureen said...

Congratulations!

Michelle said...

Yeah! On the other topic...I hate laundry.

The Pink Owl said...

YAY! CONGRATS!!!

A.E. McC. said...

Just a little FYI, you can get basically the same information off of the site www.groceryguide.com and it is free.

Molly said...

Congratulations!! That must be a big weight off your shoulders! I am so happy for you!

Meg said...

I've tried the grocery game. It seems like a good idea in theory, and it seems to work really well for some people. It didn't really do it for me though. Good luck!

Etiquettely Correct said...

yay!!!! congratulations!

LSU Melanie said...

Congratulations!!! What GREAT news!!!!

The Mrs. said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Congratulations! I can only imagine how relieved you are.

Sandra said...

What a relief for y'all to have sold it! Looking at your blog name I wondered if you have seen the t-shirt made by Esperanza in Atlanta - "Our Lady of Buford Highway"??

When my son and d-i-l moved to New York, their friends gave them a going away party and these really cool t-shirts. The link is on my blog. Have a great day!

Preppy Lizard said...

Congrats...that is so exciting!!

Muffy said...

T TAGGED YOU! Come visit my blog!

xoxo,
Muffy

Cas said...

So happy for you that it's SOLD!

Mama's the Boss said...

Way to go. I know you must be so relieved that it has sold!

Capegirl said...

Like your comment on Preppy Pink Crocodile. I really think that a lot of people want to see someone be punished. My husband has asked our senators if when the bail out goes through we could use some of the executives' Hampton places for the weekend. Kinda a nice pay back.

What Kate Wore said...

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations! Whoopee!

We have felt your pain throughout the process, and are *so* happy for you!

TP