Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Reader Question: Budget Friendly Party Favors

I got a sweet comment from Some Like it Southern on my party-on-a-budget post along with a great question...


"I am hosting a Sip & See next weekend and since it's in the afternoon we are doing all deserts (and fruits) and I will definitely be using both of those recipes! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Oh and can I ask you if you have any suggestions for budget friendly favors?"


SLS, I think I read on your blog that this is a Sip & See for a new mommy, correct? I love the idea of doing all sweets - I've done that before and it's so fun. A good and really budget-friendly favor that I love to do for baby showers are chocolate-dipped baby spoons. They are so easy to make, and will go perfectly along with your dessert theme! If you're serving coffee, you can set a few unwrapped ones out for guests to use at the party. And then have spoons individually wrapped in cello bags with a cute favor tag attached for guests to take home.


It's stupid cheap... I usually get the First Years Take & Toss spoons. You can get a pack of 20 for less than $4. And just like my dipping how-to for chocolate-covered strawberries, use the same method for the spoons. You can also get creative with flavors if you want. Super easy, super cute, and best of all - super cheap!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great idea! I am going to have to save this one for those baby showers that will start coming sooner or later...

SLS said...

This is perfect! Thank you so much for answering my question! Not only is it budget friendly but is a super cute idea! Thanks again!!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I feel like I haven't been over in ages!

What a great idea! THanks for the 2 recipes, too! You certainly know how to whip up a party!

Um, also, your wedding dress is beautiful!!!

Mrs.Preppy said...

That is a great idea! I have filed that away for future use.

Muffy said...

These are great ideas! THANKS!

Hollie said...

Love this idea! I may have to borrow it sometime!!

Michelle said...

I haven't been by in a while, but you have been soooo busy!!!! Love all the party pics!