Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On the mend.

I had surgery numero 2 on Tuesday and thank goodness it's all over! The mess really started Monday though with my pre-op visits. My doctor had to put this seaweed junk up in me - yeah I know - TMI... but it really should've been called "Insta-cramps!" because that's exactly what is was. A very not-fun procedure that left me with mega cramps the rest of the day and all night. Thank God my mom went with me that day to those appointments because I very nearly passed out after that initial procedure. I just asked her to go on a whim since she's retired and all and eats up any time she can get with her lovely daughter (me). Anyway, I think it was mostly nerves. I had to have her drive me around the rest of the afternoon. It was seriously like the worst cramps ever and I'm thinking this whole time... omg I'm doing all this to have a stinkin' baby? I don't want no baby! Forget it! I had no idea the seaweed junk would've messed me up that much. I was totally planning to go to the grocery Monday night to get some last minute goodies for my week at home. Yeah, no. Straight to bed I went! Heating pad set on HIGH.

All went well the next day though - my doctor said it went as well as it possibly could have gone, which is such great news. The nurse who did my IV was fabu - like did not even hurt at all. The last one I had was awful and left this terrible bruise on my hand for days that I kept hitting. So seriously the IV was one of the things I was dreading most - as dumb as that sounds. And we also got home mid-afternoon this time, versus nearly midnight the last time. Just a much better experience all around as far at the day of surgery. I had been so anxious about this second one so I'm just so glad it's all behind me. I'm off from work the rest of this week for recovery, so I won't be on the 'puter much, but just wanted to let y'all know it all went fine. I'll be a little more chatty later on, but for now I'm really only seen with pillows, milkshakes and remotes. Off to bed!

7 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I hope that you are on the mend.

tulipmom said...

I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well. That seaweed experience sounds awful. I hope you are getting lots of rest and feel better soon.

P.S. I hate IVs. I remember it taking a VERY long time for the IV bruise to go away after S.B.'s birth.

DebbieDo said...

I'm so glad it all went well. I'm sorry you were in such pain. It will be worth it when you have your baby...at least that's what B and I tell ourselves, we just have to believe.

I'm thinking of you and wishing you well.

((BIG HUGS))

Michelle said...

Glad it is over and hopefully you are feeling better! (((hugs)))

Lori said...

Oh boy, that sounds like a very unpleasant experience. I'm glad it went well though, especially the IV.
I'm thinking of you and hoping the best! :)

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Oh no! Insta cramps!?!? Poor thing! Hope you're relaxing now.

MMM said...

Hope that you are feeling much better!