Thursday, September 11, 2008

You're in my heart.

I know everyone has their own special way of remembering the events that took place in our country 7 (wow.) years ago today, but I just wanted to say that everyone affected by this tragedy is in my heart today. And I suppose that means just about everyone, because who wasn't affected?

To all of you who lost loved ones, friends, co-workers, teachers, students... I'm thinking of you today and the people you lost. You know, it's sad how in our world, whenever someone's got something good going on, there's always that one person that wants to take it away. I see that everywhere in life. And though 9.11.2001 will always be remembered as a day of tragedy, it also reminds me of how truly amazing our country is. So amazing, so wonderful, such a free and fabulous place, that someone else tried to take it away from us. I believe the late Tim Russert and his dad, "Big Russ" always said it best... "What a country."


5 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Great post...

Muffy said...

What a country is RIGHT! God bless America!

Lori said...

I can't believe it's been 7 years! and yes, "what a country"!!
I love the new header!

Hollie and Janie said...

what a wonderful post!!!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

great tribute, thanks for sharing!