Monday, September 8, 2008

Three things you should check out...

I uncovered three things in my inbox this week that totally caught my attention, so I thought I'd share. Sifting through all my junk and shopping emails is seriously a full-time job, but there are always a few gems in the bunch...

her future - This site is very new, but I think it has the potential to be really great! It's a networking site for women, launched by Gabrielle Bernstein earlier this year. The site promotes mentoring one another - sharing what you've learned and looking to other women for what you'd like to learn. I'm a total entrepreneur myself, so I think this site could be a really awesome tool. And I just love the idea of women supporting other women in the marketplace. Gabrielle's welcome letter on the site says it all...

Allow this online network to act as a tool for inspiration, connections, friendship, shared experiences and an opportunity to be of service to other likeminded women.
I have been blessed with amazing women in my life ranging from mentors to mentees. I don’t know where I would be today without these deep rooted relationships. At times our lives can become cluttered, scary and difficult to navigate. Having a mentor will provide you with clearer direction and a loving guide. Being a mentor will take you out of your own head by sharing your light with another woman.
Allow the site to be your mentor, soak up the content offered by my team as well as the words of each member. Open your mind and your heart to learn something new. Relax and let herfuture.com carry you.


I got my profile up and ready. Go get yours!


SparkTeens - I've mentioned my love for SparkPeople on here several times... it's a free online health and fitness site with lots of great tools. You can do all kinds of stuff on there, but I just use it for the basics. It is a great online community of people with a common goal - getting and staying healthy. I highly, highly recommend it - especially if you have any aspirations of changing up your diet or losing weight, etc. It's a wonderful resource. But on one of my recent "spark" emails, I noticed that they've launched a teen version of their site. I think this is really great and much needed as so many of today's kids are overweight. It looks like a great spot for a teen struggling with weight issues to find support and friends online dealing with the same thing. The site also is running a big challenge for high school students across the country - I think it involves tracking fitness minutes. And scholarship prize money is involved! Also worth mentioning, they also have a momma version... BabyFit - their tagline being "healthy babies start with healthy moms." Looks like something all you pregos should check out!


Live cinecast of Rent in theatres - OK now this one I'm super excited about! Y'all know I love Broadway and one of the shows I've NEVER managed to see is Rent. The show is still going to tour, but the Broadway show is shutting down after 12+ years running. But lucky us, movie theatres across the country will be broadcasting live performances of the show for 4 days later this month. Show dates are September 24, 25, 27, and 28. I looked up showtimes at my local theatre and each day had just one showing. Tickets were $20, but I'm sure those probably vary. But hey, a freaking movie costs $12 now, so I think $20 is totally reasonable to see a LIVE broadcast of a Broadway show. I've heard of theatres doing similar showings - I know a lot of theatres show live broadcasts from The Met. But this is the first I've heard of a Broadway show being aired. Very cool! Tickets are already on sale at my theatre, so I imagine they are at many others too. For theatre listings, go here. And remember there are only four showings, and that's it! Don't miss out!

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

SO cool- thanks for the tip! I've seen the movie twice and loved it but never saw the broadway show.