Sunday, August 31, 2008

Recovering.

Somebody let Buford Betty have too many Blue Bayou's yesterday afternoon without eating anything except half of a Luna Bar. Though I slightly recall eating a hot dog at one point from the hot dog man downtown... not altogether sure about that. We didn't end up getting tickets. Wait, no we did. One of our friends that we went up with - his little sister came with and she scored like 4 tickets for face value - quite a feat. (She was cute and had big boobs - that always helps.) But it was hot as hell and we ultimately decided an air-conditioned bar sounded rather appealling, so we sold the tickets. I say *we* as if I was involved in all of this... no. I was at Bissett's downing Blue Bayou's this whole time and talking to two random dudes about the "good ole days" at UGA. At some point my high school came up and that started the "oh do you know so-and-so" conversation. And (Blue Bayou talking here), "oh yes I do! He totally liked me but would never ask me out. He totally missed out - that's all I gotta say." So what do we do? We start trying to call him. Brilliant.

We then started bar hopping to find a good spot to watch the game. Which there really are none because it's just packed everywhere. And all the bars have changed names multiple times since we were there so I have no freaking clue where we were. Plus I couldn't really see straight, so I really couldn't tell you. I remember seeing little helmets runnning around on a TV screen, but I didn't catch one single play of the game. Kinda bummed we missed the whole introduction of Uga VII. But seeing as my vision was skewed, I probably wouldn't have appreciated it. I remember when Uga V handed over his duties to Uga VI... 1999 maybe? I was in tears. Remember that day, bestest?! They showed a whole tribute video to Uga V and all that good stuff. So I hate that I missed all that.

Anyway, fast forward a bit and the Blue Bayou's finally caught up with me. I told the hub - I gotta go lay down in the car, like right now. So we got the keys from our buddy and I did just that. The hub said we were in there for like half an hour before our friends joined us to go home. I had no idea of time at this point - I was just glad to be horizontal. And ultimately, since Buford Betty apparently can't handle her liquor, the Blue Bayou's made a repeat appearance. Although the room (er, car) was spinning, I think I managed to be quite a tidy little up-chucker. The hub was such a sport. Well you know what - he should be. It was he afterall who kept ordering more drinks. That's right - his fault! ;-) And naturally, I felt way better after rejecting that hot blue mess. I know my body was like, WTF? Because while I love me a glass of wine here and there and the occassional margarita when I can justify the calories... I just don't drink that much. So really there was no way for this to end pretty.

We were supposed to go over to another friend's house last night for a Labor Day weekend cookout. Yeah, the hub went... but at 6pm I was face down on the bed in a bath robe. And I didn't move till the hub got back home around midnight and I had him make me a roast beef sandwich. I figured I needed some actual food in me. Still not sure about the alleged hot dog... so it's possible I had nothing to eat from like 10 o'clock in the morning to midnight yesterday (besides that half of a Luna Bar). Went back to bed and fell back asleep around 2 or so... got back up this morning around 7:30am. Which is like my normal out of bed time on weekends. Even though I feel lousy, I feel guilty staying in bed. I have mental issues.

So I'm recovering. I actually feel pretty OK. I just have that kind of dull bleh feeling in my stomach and a slight headache. And I'm exhausted. Unmotivated. Which is not good considering my to-do list is like off the charts since we're hosting this shower next weekend. Perhaps another cup of coffee and I'll get it together...

But anyway, three cheers for the Dawgs! I'll post some pics soon. I did get some good pics while I still had some sense. I fear what's on my friend's camera though. I distinctly remember several camera flashes going off while I was horizontal in the back seat of the car. Not good.

10 comments:

Sew Biz said...

Too funny! Atleast you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

But you had a GREAT time, right! Go Dawgs!

Hannah D. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is too cute!

I once gave my number to a hot dog vendor after a few (way) too many drinks. Not fun when you have someone saved as "E man" calling you 20 times a day.

Hollie and Janie said...

oh that happens to the best of us!! glad you are on the mend!!

Mama's the Boss said...

Good times, Good times!

I left you an award. Visit my blog!

The Pink Owl said...

This post made me laugh out loud! Oh girl, I've so been there... ;)

Sasha said...

BTDT... many times!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad you are recovering after your memorable weekend. I am not sure if you will live that one down!

Enjoy your week!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Wish I could have been there to see all that go down! Hehehe!

I do totally remember that so many years ago. TIme flies!

Mrs LSL said...

You're hilarious! I've been there to many times. :)