Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I love: Juicy Charms

I just got an email from Juicy with some of the new charms out... I SO need that football one for this football season, don't you think?!


I know a lot of y'all aren't big fans of Juicy Couture - perhaps the idea of "JUICY" spelled across your ass is unappealing? Certainly age-inappropriate for me, if nothing else. (Maybe they should start a "JIGGLY" line for the over-30 crowd.) But seriously, don't think Juicy is nothing but terry track suits. Yes, a lot of their stuff is a bit on the obnoxious side, but I love the brand. I love that it's all about having fun and being fabulous. It's "prep" on diamond-encrusted steroids. It's Ralph Lauren and Betsey Johnson's love child. It's just plain fun.

As far as their clothing goes, one of my must-have pieces is the terry tube dress. I LOVE these and I wear them all the time - over jeans, over capris, as a swimsuit cover-up... I even bought their maternity version (on clearance, of course) in hopes of wearing it someday. Some of my favorite little spring blazers are Juicy - and you'd never know they were Juicy because they're not at all flashy. They actually have a lot of pieces that are sweet, simple, and uber feminine. Their jeans are fabulous. And while I'll pass on the furry snow boots, they do have some killer shoes as well. Most of their handbags are a little over-the-top for me, but I've seen some that I'd gladly carry. Today, however, let's just talk about how fun their jewelry is.

One of my favorite gifts ever, ever received was this yummalicious Juicy charm bracelet that the hub gave me for Christmas last year. (He may have had some coaching. Maybe.) He got me the bracelet and several charms that he picked out to go along with it. I love charm bracelets anyway, but this one is just crazy fun! Now it's definitely not for a wallflower. Nothing dainty about this bracelet - that's for sure. But I love big, fun, chunky jewelry - so this is right up my alley. I love big statement pieces like this. You won't often see me in a teeny little silver chain with a tiny pendant dangling off the end. Perfectly lovely - just not my usual style. When you throw on the charms, this bracelet is so delicious. And no other piece of jewelry has ever gotten me more compliments. Even GUYS notice it and want to look at it. People seriously can't get enough of it - it's hilarious. One of my co-workers stops to fiddle with it every time I wear it to the office. "Oh, let me see that bracelet! I just LOVE it!" Every. Time.

And the best part is, Juicy comes out with fun new charms all the time. They're often seasonal, so you can tailor your bracelet to whatever' s going on! And the charms themselves are really affordable. Here are some fun ones (the last shoe charm is on my bracelet currently)...


A little much for some, I'm sure. I call it my fabulously tacky bracelet. But you know Buford Betty can pull it off! ;-)



8 comments:

SCM said...

Even though I'm probably too old, I love Juicy too.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the red shoe one.

The Pink Owl said...

That loafer charm is the cutest thing ever! I agree about being too old to have "Juicy" plastered across my arse, but...I must confess, I have one of those tracksuits. It is worn only for lounging around the house these days.

tickledpink said...

I have a pink terry cloth Juicy purse that has the satin juicy logo scarf intertwined around it. I love that purse! I really like the charm bracelet!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

LOVE it! This post made me laugh a lot- jiggle butt- too funny! I remember when we spotted those charms at Phipps last year. So super fun!

Kate said...

I need that loafer one for my bracelet!

A Belle and her Beau said...

I have the yellow terry dress Juicy dress that I wear as a bathing suit cover up. It was a big purchase 2 years ago but I could have paid 300 dollars for it and I still would have gotten my moneys worth. I swear I have worn it 10 times :)

Jill said...

Too cute. I didn't realize they made all those charms. My hubby got me a juicy track suit after I had my son and I wore that thing to death. The terry tube dress looks adorable, too.