Friday, August 8, 2008

I like Fridays. Fridays are my favorite.

Happy Friday, y'all! I am so ready for a weekend since I was robbed of one last week. And our house looks like shiz since we got rid of our maid. Yeah that was one of "those" items that got quickly nixed once we started on this penny-pinching plan. I can pick up and organize stuff all day, but I detest cleaning. Though we do have quite the supply of cleaning products. The hub has a bizarre obsession with cleaning stuff. I wish I could say he was equally obsessed with using those products. Anyway, so I'm hoping to get some of that fun stuff knocked off the list this afternoon. We get to leave early (from work) today, so I've got my to-do list and I'm ready to go!


Anyway, here's a little Friday treat for you... I'm finally getting around to posting after being tagged by both Pink Lemonade & Peonies and Pinot & Pacifiers. Thanks, girls!

The rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
3. Tag 5 random people at the end of post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here goes...

Pressure - David Bowie f. Queen (and yes that is David Bowie featuring Queen, not Queen featuring David Bowie). I don't guess this is really embarrassing other than the fact that I think David Bowie is freakishly HOT! And I jam to this one. Vanilla Ice can stick it. You stole it and you know it!

Tammy's in Love - Debbie Reynolds, et al. OK yes, this one's embarrassing. I love all the Tammy movies... Tammy and the Bachelor, Tammy and the Doctor... do y'all know these? Well I occassionally break out into song with this one.

Area Codes - Ludacris. I'm sure many think he's rather foul, but I love Ludacris. I saw him on an airplane once and our eyes met. We had a moment. He was thinking I should be in his next video, I'm sure. This one is totally in my running mix on my ipod.

Love in this Club - Usher. I LOVE this song right now - and that's not embarrassing, but I would be terribly embarrassed if two people really started going to town next to me in a club. Usher may not care who's watching, but *I* do! Does this really happen? Guess I should stop worrying since I don't go to clubs.

I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry. Yeah this one is just too catchy and I can't help it. I think it's funny and I totally crank it up when it comes on.

I also could've named like 30 songs from Britney Spears, but well, no embarrassment there. She takes up half my ipod.

Well, not to be a rule breaker, but I think most everyone has done this one... so tag, you're IT if you haven't!!! Hope y'all have a great weekend! :-)



5 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I like Britney Spears too. I hope you have a nice weekend!

Breezy said...

OMG! I thought I was the only person in our generation that had seen all the Tammy movies!! My mom and I used to watch them all the time (I have them, on VHS no less!)
"The old, hooty owl, hooty, hoots to the dove...Taaaaammy, Taaaammmy, Tammy's in love...does my lover feel, what I feel, when he comes near..." Sorry, you didn't need me to regurgitate that did you? I was just soo excited! Now I'm gonna be singing that all day!

Gracie Beth said...

You were SO right about the J Crew Factory store being a rip-off most of the time, I was there today and there was hardly a selection and everything was almost exactly the same price as in the store! Next time I will take your advice when they are not having a sale and will pass.

Muffy said...

No maid?!?! Oh my gosh, you guys are SERIOUS about the saving money thing! I wish you luck!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Area Codes............I forgot about this one!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny!