Thursday, July 21, 2011

First Baby Gift!

I was so excited to get home and find this fun package in the mail yesterday from a dear friend...


A super soft and deliciously sweet baby blanket - our very first baby gift! It's much cuter than this crappy phone pic shows. It's ivory with a baby blue satin trim. And along with it was this lovely card...


Definitely brings about one of those "is this really happening?" moments. To God be the glory indeed. THANK YOU, LAUREN!!!


So the questions I'm getting the most are "How do you feel?" and "Are you going to find out the sex?" Well, just to answer those quickly... I still feel like total crap. Eating is still a chore and I'm tired a lot, etc. etc. But everyone tells me that it should get better at 14 or 15 weeks. Today, I'm 13 weeks, so here's hopin'! As for the sex, yes, we're definitely planning to find out. We have another ultrasound on Monday for our 12 week screening, so maybe they can make some guesses then, but my doctor said not to buy anything till we hit that 20 week mark.

Thanks again for all the well wishes!

4 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

What a sweet little blanket!! Looks so fuzzy and soft :)

We have our 12 week scan next week too (on Wednesday morning). I'm hoping they try and guess the gender, even though I know it is just a guess and we won't know for sure yet. Fun that we're getting so close to finding out!!

Good luck at your next appointment. Hope things look perfect.

Fingers crossed that the next week or two you start feeling normal again. This heat certainly isn't helping... so maybe that will get better soon too.

xoxo

Susannah said...

Squeal!!! That answers my dm I sent you this morning! Sooo excited and can't believe you're 13 weeks!!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh little Lauren...what an awesome friend! Such a sweet gift!

Julie Tiemann said...

SO sweet. That's so exciting that you could have an idea of the gender as early as tomorrow! Wow!