Sunday, July 3, 2011

10 Week Ultrasound

Lots of big steps this week! We're officially in double digits! We're now in the "fetus" stage and no longer the "embryo" stage. Very exciting. And on Friday we graduated from RBA and will now be seeing my normal OB/GYN going forward! Big steps... very grateful... and I think we're really starting to get excited.



Friday's ultrasound was definitely the best one so far... our little nut actually looks like a little baby now. An alien baby, but a baby. The ultrasound tech was pushing on my stomach and having me hold my breath to get the little guy to move around. He was definitely dancing around in there! Can't feel it yet though - it's just bizarre knowing there's a little creature inside of you wiggling around.




These scans aren't great - they show up kinda dark here, but hopefully you can see the images OK. We measured right at 10w1d on Friday and baby almost doubled in length from the last ultrasound to 3.31cm. We heard the heartbeat again, which was good and strong. Everything looked great! This 3D image is kinda freaky...




Totally looks like a little alien! Dr. T was excited to see us off and get us back to my OB. It was definitely a bitter sweet goodbye - RBA has been such a big part of our lives for over four years now. We'll of course be back when we're ready for more, but for now it's goodbye. Here we are with Dr. T...




OK so we also figured it was time to start capturing belly shots. I've honestly had a pooch since beginning my meds back in early April. I literally JUST got off all the hormones on Friday (woo hoo!), so who knows if my belly is due to meds, baby, or both. It's definitely there, whatever it is. And we obviously didn't get a "before" shot since I started plumping up before the transfer even happened. So we'll just use this crappy screen shot from my Lupron shot video as my "before" picture. Because it was all over after that morning!




And here's the pooch as of today (10w3d)...




I'm wearing these fold-down maternity pants from Old Navy here and I can already tell these are going to be a favorite. I'm curious if dropping the hormones will affect the pooch or if I'm just in for the long haul from this point. Either way, fine with me! There's plenty of time to get my flat belly back later. Soooooo not worried about that right now. Honestly I'd like the big belly to hurry up and get here because right now I'm in that stage where none of my normal clothes fit. All I can really wear right now to work are dresses, so getting ready for work has become challenging.

I still feel like crap. Still tired all the time. Nauseous much of the time. Eating is a chore because it's impossible to plan my meals. Therefore I've been spending more on food because I impulse-eat. Grocery shopping is hard because (a) it's exhausting and (b) everything is gross. But I'm managing! In fact, I'm about to head out to Publix right now... so wish me luck!

Hope you all have a fabulous 4th! The hub's running the Peachtree in the morning. (Meanwhile, I'll be snoozing.) Then we have a cookout later that afternoon with friends. Enjoy and stay cool!

13 comments:

Brittney said...

How exciting for you two! Congrats!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yay for a little baby bump! You've worked damn hard to earn that bump. Rock it, momma!!

Melissa said...

You look great!

Ultrasounds are the best! I'm so excited that you're finally getting to experience pregnancy! It's really awesome! I'm sorry you still feel like crap! Hopefully that stops soon!

Sandra said...

What a great post!! Thank you for sharing. You, Mr BB and Dr. T look sooooo proud and happy!! XOXO

Kathleen said...

Your 3D ultrasound is so cool! I'm jealous that it actually looks like something! Very good news all around!

Julie Tiemann said...

Look at you with your CUTE baby bump!!

Unknown said...

I'm excited for you!!!

Charbelle said...

Hope y'all had a wonderful Holiday weekend!!! Happy 4th!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!!! Praying for y'all!

Pretty in Pink said...

woohoo for u/s and for a growing baby. I found dressing hard from 10 weeks on and wasn't great until about 18 weeks when I popped. I was never on meds but got a lot of fuild early on. Also feeling crap is a great sign and I totally get that it dosen't feel great but it is usally a sign of very strong hormones. Still praying for all three of you.

Hurley Lucy said...

YAY! You have a baby bump! I love reading every step. It's so amazing, seeing what we've all been praying for finally flourish. A miracle girl.

Maureen said...

I am just so happy for you! You look fabulous and so very happy.

Elizabeth said...

Yayyy for another great appointment! The sono pictures look awesome! I've never seen one at 10 weeks that is so clear. You can definitely see the little baby in there! And you rock that baby bump hun! So happy for you guys!!!

Heather said...

You are so skinny!