Sunday, July 31, 2011

14 Week Belly



I feel like this same pooch has just been hovering for weeks. It looks like it's poking out a *little* more than four weeks ago, but it's really not all that different...




It's comin' though! But the best news? I think I've turned a corner and am feeling pretty good now! On Monday, I vomited for the first time. Felt crappy the rest of that day. But on Tuesday, the nausea just sort of was... gone. And I haven't really had much at all sense. I do still get mad hunger pains at time - especially from late night till early morning, and if I don't munch on something right away, I can feel a bit queasy. But it's not nearly as bad as the general nausea I was experiencing over the past couple of months, so hallelujah!

I've still been tired at times, but my energy seems generally better. At least my drive and motivation is - I've gotten more done in the last few days than I have in the last 8 weeks. For example, a couple of weeks ago I'm not sure I could've handled that hour-long trip to pick up the changing table. And hello, I haven't taken one nap all weekend! I did veg for a bit yesterday afternoon after a trip to the outlets that wore me and the hub both out, but I never actually fell asleep. So hopefully this means I'll be feeling pretty good during the 2nd trimester! I sure hope so - it's a lot easier to enjoy all this when you're not feeling like total ass.

Oh and speaking of the outlets, the main reason I wanted to go yesterday was to see what the Pottery Barn Outlet had. We've gotten some major deals there over the years on random furniture and rugs, so I was curious what they had in the way of baby and kid stuff. Our PB Outlet dedicates nearly half the store to PB Kids stuff. I was hoping to maybe find a crib or rocker selection, but no luck. Not a single crib or rocker/glider in sight. But they did have some other furnishings, tons of bedding and bath linens, and other accessories. So I will note that in my mental Rolodex for future.

We also intended to get to IKEA this weekend but that never transpired. I honestly hate going there, so I avoid it until absolutely necessary. But we're interested in redoing the shelving in the nursery closet, so this warrants a visit. Here's a pic of the closet now (actually right NOW there is nothing in the closet because I've cleaned all the junk out, but you get the idea)...




We had originally requested double shelving in this closet (knowing it'd be a nursery someday), but obviously the builders didn't do it. Whatever. But aside from needing more hanging space, the current shelving in there doesn't work great. The hanging rod is so close to the door frame, that every time you open and shut the closet door, it rams into the clothes hanging there. So even if we end up sticking with the current shelving and just adding some more, I think we'll remove the door altogether and hang some fabric instead. But really, I just want to find some better shelving options to maximize the space more. It's a small space, but so much of it is not being used the way it sits currently. I'd like to have some drawers and cubbies and that kind of thing for all the itty bitty sweets baby needs in his/her closet! Nothing fancy... which is why we're calling on IKEA. I'm going for functional over cute here. So hopefully we'll get over there next weekend and be able to price some things out and see what's doable.

Oh, but other than shelving changes/additions, we're painting the interior of the closet a sweet sherbet orange. I wanted something bright and gender neutral, and hello... I love orange. We've already got the paint, so don't try to talk me out of it. That's our first big nursery project, so I should have some pics pretty soon as we'll be tackling this one in the next couple of weeks... stay tuned!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Woo hoo!! So glad you are feeling better and I'm SO impressed with your nursery planning/shopping. Can't WAIT to see this nursery...going to be darn amazing I know!!

Renda said...

OMG !!

Jill said...

Yay! So glad you're feeling better. And love your little bump. In a month or so you'll be writing something like "it seems like my belly popped out over night!". So excited for you!

Susannah said...

You look great! I can't wait to see afull blown belly!! I love the outlets-but I never really find anything at PB. We will get together soon-lemme get thru this bday party madness, etc.

Gracie Beth said...

I wonder if they didn't have cribs due to the ban on selling/giving away drop down cribs. Sorry you didn't have better luck.

Hurley Lucy said...

Love the sherbet orange color! You have a baby bump! YAY! So, happy to read your blog and hear you're feeling better. Can't wait to see how you design the nursery. :)

Julie Tiemann said...

Yay for a baby bump and feeling better - wooHOO!! And I love the idea of an orange closet. Our girls' bathroom is neon green. Yep. I wanted something bright and beachy - we have a lot of artwork from our mission trips to the Dominican Republic plus our favorite travel spot - Destin - so it just made sense. :) Go with what makes you happy, I always say.

Lori said...

Love the little pouch! :)