Wednesday, April 13, 2011

FET Video Diary: Rough It Up

Today's video might make you nauseous since the bulk of it was filmed in the car. So there's your warning. We had my "roughin' up" procedure today with the doctor and I'd be lyin' if I said it was pleasant. Thankfully, it was rather quick, but I nearly passed out when the nurse unveiled all the test tubes and tools on the tray for the doctor. It looked like they'd be camping out in my uterus for a good six months with all those gadgets.

So there's no putting a bow on it... this morning sucked. You can see my mood go from fairly cheerful (at least for that early), to nervous, to upset, to doing-my-best-to-crack-a-smile. And no, I'm not rubbing my boob while on the exam table. Though it sure looks like it. Not sure what the hell I was doing. All I know is that as soon as the doctor left the room, I broke out in tears. And I am not a cryer! I'm blaming the drugs.

It's definitely been one of those "why the hell do I have to do all this" kind of days. No worries though... I'll be fine. I just have these days sometimes. We'll find better perspective tomorrow. For now, I think I'll just wallow a little bit. With some cookie cake. Oh wait - already did that... two slices today. Sorry, moo goo.





Next up: Yeah, I don't know. My ultrasound most likely. They'll be doing mine a little earlier than most to get a head start on monitoring my lining.

Previous: First dose of Lupron, CD 21

6 comments:

Sasha said...

Big Hugs to you today! I think it's so wonderful that you are sharing these videos and sharing your story! Prayers for you...

JMMarden said...

You poor thing. I think it is so awesome you are recording this to show others the process and help share your story, but I know the process must be taxing and exhausting. Sending lots of prayers your way!

Jill said...

Oh no!! I feel SO bad for telling you it wasn't bad...but mine truly wasn't. Did he not use the numbing stuff? I'd heard that procedure was awful from a friend, so I was freaked out, and then my Dr. used lidocaine and it was totally fine. So, so sorry girl! Hang in there. Those days come and go..it's so strange how somedays you feel you fine about it all and other days it just straight SUCKS.

Julie Tiemann said...

Bless your heart. :( I got tears in my eyes along with you, watching that video. It's really unfair how much you have to go through, but man, what a blessed child you will have one day - to know their momma fought so hard to bring them into this world. You're my hero!!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Love love love you!

Unknown said...

((((BIG HUG))))!!! Amanda-it is amazing that you are filming and sharing this with blog-world! I know you are helping many women out there by sharing your story! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers always!!!