Sunday, April 10, 2011

FET Video Diary: Lupron

Just for kicks, the hub and I thought it'd be fun to log this whole FET (frozen embryo transfer) process on video. You know, kinda like how couples try to spice things up with a sex tape. Hopefully you'll find it informational or maybe entertaining at best, but really we plan to force our kids to watch these videos when we throw them in timeout.

So today is the official kick-off! Cycle Day 21. I started my Lupron injections this morning and will continue those until Dr. T tells me to stop. Aside from a quick procedure next week, my next instructions are to call the nurse when I start my next period.

Drug Info: Leuprolide Acetate Injection
Dosage: 0.1 cc (10 units) every morning






Next up: early Wednesday a.m. appointment with Dr. T

That's right... while you're enjoying your morning coffee, I'll be in stirrups having my uterine lining roughed up. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I love that poking yourself with a needle is your version of a scandalous sex tape. Oh you dirty dirty girl! And skinny minnie!!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Is this the first time we've seen you? Maybe I don't pay attention enough but it's the first time I remember! It's nice to put a face to a name.

You're a trooper, that's all I can say.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I just had major flashbacks...

I did twice daily heparin shots for 38 weeks, twice weekly HCG shots for 20 weeks, and nightly progesterone shots for 12 weeks. I felt like a human pin cushion.

But.. at the end you get a little miracle and it all becomes a blur. Praying for y'all....

Jill said...

THIS is awesome. Seriously! I love that you are going to video diary this...it's a great way to help people understand. Praying for you!

Julie Tiemann said...

Haha! Love your "sex tape." Seriously though, with a diabetic husband, this looked all too familiar and not in a good way. But just like his daily shots keep him healthy, I'm praying your shots make a healthy baby!!!

P.S. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous of your amazingly slim tummy. Moo Goo done good!

Sasha said...

You are darling!

Anna said...

I'm so impressed you inject yourself! I make my husband do it for me because I can't do it myself. I'm so lame!