Monday, February 28, 2011

Looking Good!

I had my SHG today.  I threw back some Tylenol about an hour beforehand and I'm glad I did!  Apparently my cervix was being tricky today and the tech was having trouble getting the catheter in the right place.  Aren't you jealous?  I was there forever.  My initial ultrasound was quick, but then I had to wait 30+ minutes for the tech. Thank goodness for my Kindle!  But I love both this particular ultrasound tech and the tech who did the procedure, so no complaints.  We all had a good discussion on books we're reading while examining my girly parts. 
 
Dr. Toledo still has to review the pics, but the tech said the screen shots look great and she saw NO sign of any residual septum!  She also looked back at my pics from my SHG last fall and definitely could see a big difference. So it sounds like that 3rd surgery did the trick!  I am very encouraged.  I'm excited to hear what Dr. T thinks.  Funny thing is I will see him on Wednesday because I'm meeting a fellow IF buddy for her transfer.  So maybe he will have news for me, but it's not my day so I won't bug him then!  My friend is having her first actual transfer after a couple of failed IVF attempts.  She is doing her first donor egg cycle and I'm SO thrilled for her!  Her hubby is actually up north currently in school.  He flew down last week to make his *deposit* but can't be here for the transfer, so I will be a stand-in hubby! 
 
So yeah, exciting stuff.  I should be starting back acupuncture in 3 or 4 weeks!  I'm ready to get this ball rolling.  For now, I'm working on getting back on my Moo Goo diet.  I was a disaster this past weekend... the hub's birthday was on Friday and we went out to a local Italian spot and ate enough for 4 families.  And we went to Krispy Kreme Sunday morning instead of church.  An entirely different house of worship.  And then I ran into one of my particularly *fit* friends the same day and I literally felt like a glazed donut.  Hahahha... neh, but I'm definitely ready to get back into yoga and be eating better.  I can no longer use my surgery and estrogen intake as an excuse!  So here's to a healthy March!  Can you believe tomorrow is March?!
 
Hope y'all are having a great week!  Back to work...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YAY! Glad everything looks good!

Julie Tiemann said...

That is wonderful news!! Yay for a healthy March. I'm getting back on the wagon too...

Susannah said...

Yay for good news! This is your year! Super pumped to hear about the next step!