Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just Checking In

Well I'm already on the brink of failing miserably on my try-to-get-at-least-two-posts-up-per-week goal here.  But let's give this week a pass, OK?  I was out sick most of Monday and all day Tuesday.  I caught some kind of stomach bug.  I felt like crap Monday morning heading into work but it's tax season, so I was going to suck it up and go on in.  Fast forward three hours later and I'm running back home, vomiting as soon as I get in the door.  Well yeah I made it to the toilet, but it was immediate.  And then I remained horizontal for the rest of the day, refusing all food.  If I can't eat, there's definitely something wrong with me.
 
Tuesday was better, but I was still nauseous so I played it safe and worked from home.  Being upright was a huge improvement, even if I still didn't want to eat much.  Today I finally feel like I'm back to normal.  My usual breakfast is still a little hard to stomach for whatever reason, but I managed to actually eat most of it today.  So thank God we're past that!  I really can't afford to be sick right now.
 
Nothing much else to report here... though I did have the epiphany yesterday that if our FET cycle works in May, I'll be due around this time next year.  That is super fun to day dream about!  Not to mention the thought of getting out of tax season next year... hahahahha!  I'm starting to get excited about the process, which should begin in late April when they put me on Lupron.  Lots of work has to be done between now and then but tax season tends to fly by, so April will be here before we know it!  Counting down the days...
 
At SOME point I'll get back on here and tell y'all about the Valentine cupcakes I made last weekend.  I so impressed myself!  I am not a baker, so I grade on a curve.  But I seriously got an A+ here.  Pics to come...
 
Hope y'all are having an excellent week!

5 comments:

Sasha said...

So sorry you were ill- that's the worst kind of sick! Hope you are back to feeling great soon.

Unknown said...

Amanda,

I have been following your blog for sometime now. I can't even remember how I found it. First off...I hope you are feeling better. That stomach bug is horrible! Thought I was dying when I had it last month.
Anyway, reading your blog makes me realize how much we have in common. My husband is a CPA too. He is a partner/head of tax dept at the firm he works with. So I KNOW all about tax season. You have my sympathy for the long hrs or should I say your husband has my sympathy?! I also dealt with infertility. We tried off/on for 8 yrs to have a child.I would get pregant then lose it...had three miscarriages. I would get tired of it all emotionally/physically and quit for awhile then go back. Finally my RE gave me one last chance and we went for it! We did the GIFT procedure and got pregnant with TWINS! Sadly right at the end of the first trimester, I lost one of the twins, but caried the on baby to term...had a healthy son! From the GIFT cycle, I had 5 frozen embroys. Before I could use them, I got pregnant on my own and ended up carrying it to term or rather had her early and had a health baby girl!! Through my fertility rollercoaster, I had surgeries, drugs, procedures and you name it...I had it done. With God's perfect timing, prayers and patience, we had our two beautiful healthy blessings. My prayer is that the same will happen to you. I would love to e-mail you and offer you hope and support and prayers!! Take care and know that I am praying for you!
LeeAnn

Mary Beth said...

Glad you are feeling better! Stomach bugs are no fun!

Hurley Lucy said...

Hope you're feeling 100% soon and I want the recipe for those cupcakes. :o)

Buford Betty said...

Lee Ann, thanks so much for the sweet comment! Feel free to email me anytime! My address is under my profile. Thanks, girl!