Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I heart Hobby Lobby.

So it's pretty bad when the cashier checking me out today says, "Weren't you here yesterday?" Yes... yes I was. Well I needed more stuff, you see. Their wrapping paper is on sale this week - although it's not on the weekly flyer and they don't have the usual sale signs up next to it. But it is 50% off. If y'all have a Hobby Lobby near you and need some more holiday wrap, this is totally the place to go! Rolls are $5.99 for 100 sq feet of wrap - so only $3 at 50% off! And they have really beautiful paper. I'm a gift wrappin' fool and I LOVE good gift wrap. This probably isn't the thickest of papers, but it's definitely not the cheap thin crap. And it has that grid on the back side (like at Hallmark) that I LOVE. And several of their "Christmas" papers can be used year-round. Like the black paper with big white polka dots that I got - omg SO cute! I don't even plan to use that for Christmas. They also had a black and white houndstooth print - super cute! Lots of fun preppy ones... a red and green argyle. Tons of foil papers if you're the metallic loving type. Those are also priced at $5.99 regularly but are only 60 sq feet instead of 100 - still a major deal. They also have tons and tons of bows for packages. I don't really use those a lot because I'm a big ribbon person, but they have some really good ones - like nice looking ones and ones made out of grosgrain - super cute. So anyway - if you're in need of more holiday wrap, definitely seek out your local Hobby Lobby! The rolls are going fast!

I also bought my first yards of fabric there today. I was soooo excited. I often creep by the fabric section, but I've always been so intimidated by it. Bolts and bolts of fabric... and what the heck am I supposed to do with them? I'm learning to sew (slowly but surely) and Santa is bringing me a sewing machine for Christmas, so I've got to get comf in the fabric section. Although I don't have a sewing project, I needed fabric to dress up some rental chairs my mom got for the "kiddie" table at Thanksgiving. I found this great fall pattern on clearance. I had no freaking clue how much fabric I needed, so I just guessed and hopefully I got enough. My mom rented those white wooden folding chairs and wanted something to make them more fall looking. I'm running by my parents' house on the way home to grab one of the chairs so I can play with it tonight. In my head, the sash I have in mind looks awesome. We'll see how it translates in real life...

Oh and on another unrelated topic, we got up early this morning to try and capture "the" Christmas card picture of the 3 dogs. After about an hour, we had a nearly empty box of treats, two pissed off parents, and no picture to show for it. We may have to get in the picture afterall, if for no other reason than to hold the damn dogs still. Charlie, the boy, was a total gem. He stayed and looked at the camera and was the perfect little gentleman he always is. OR usually is. Belly and Gertie, however, were total spazzes and refused to cooperate! I will have to post some of the blooper photos because they're rather hilarious.

Gotta run by the grocery on the way home tonight also... SO much to do for this week! The in-laws are arriving tomorrow and then my bestest arrives on Saturday!!! We're planning to do the midnight shopping madness Thanksgiving night... I hope I can stay awake. So much to do! So much to do! More on all that later...

4 comments:

Sew Biz said...

I am going to get paper tomorrow at Hobby Lobby!!! Good luck with the sewing. I am self taught - got a machine, read a pattern and voile. Now I have a home business. You never know what will become of it - wish you all the best!

Michelle said...

Hobby Lobby is GREAT! BTW, did you know the one in Cumming has a big "outlet" section? Love that.

Have a happy, happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your girlfriend time.

The 5 Bickies said...

No Hobby Lobby here...I wonder why?
I checked their store locations and there aren't any in the northeast or west...I feel like I am missing something BIG!

Lori said...

I was just there yesterday and stocked up on beautiful paper!! I found a perfect color for my light green and white Christmas theme this year! They have so many fun things!
Good luck with the fabric department! LOL