Thursday, November 1, 2007

HSG Day!

Did you know it's HSG day? Well, it is on my calendar anyway. I'm leaving in about an hour and a half to go have what I *hope* is my final "procedure" with this infertility mumbo jumbo. But I'm certainly not counting on it being the final one... just hoping!

For you Fertile Myrtles, an HSG is the "dye test" where they shoot this colored dye all up in your girly parts to see if all is in order, if your tubes are clear, etc. I've had one before and it's not exactly fun, but it's not all that bad either. The worst part (besides lying on a cold exam table with your nether regions exposed) is the insta-cramps it gives you. Not super fun... so I'll be downing a few Tylenol pretty soon here to prepare.

From what I understand, if all looks good, my doctor plans to give us the green light to start TTC again. Which is exciting, yet somehow totally weird-feeling because it seems like it's been SO long since we've been able to actually "try." I've got to stock up on ovulation kits and all that jazz again... so it's really like we're starting over. I'm hopeful and certainly optimistic, but I'm really not expecting to get preggers right away. There's that little seed of doubt in my head that says it's still not going to happen... that we're going to discover something else is wrong... I'm trying my best to suppress that doubt, but at the same time, I don't want to be overly optomistic! But I have faith that it will happen when it's meant to happen. It would just be really cool if it was meant to happen soon.

So.... to calm my nerves a bit, I caught an irresistable sale from my daily shopittome.com email and snagged a pair of these...




Paige Denim Maternity Capri's - originally $179, and I got them at Bloomingdale's for... wait for it........ wait for it........ $43!!!

(All their sale stuff is an additional 40% off when you enter code SV111 at checkout. Actually it may just be women's... but who cares about the men's stuff anyway?)

So my insanity for buying maternity jeans before being prego can be overlooked when the price is that darn good. And hello - totally Ebay-able if I never am able to wear them. Totally. (This is what I'm telling myself, so don't rain on my parade!) I think I'm going to have to do a dedicated post to my someday closet... it's become quite the closet as of late.

I'll let you know what, if anything, I find out today about my HSG. The last time I had one, the radiologist just said a bunch of big words and "you'll have to talk to your doctor." So who knows if I will really have any solid answers this afternoon... I'll check back in a little later!


P.S. I'll post some Chicago pics and also some Halloweenie pics later tonight...

Update: Just got back from my appointment... nothing much to report. It was a little discouraging actually because the image on screen looked no different (to me) than the first time I had an HSG. In fact the radiologist says, "OK looks like we have a broad septum here..." Um, isn't that what I just had removed in surgery? WTF... The results are being sent to my doctor so hopefully I'll know more soon. I'm trying not to read too much into it before I speak with him. Back to twiddling thumbs for now...

6 comments:

Allie_in_Ga said...

Best of luck today! I am a planner so I don't blame you about stocking up early.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

It's 2PM and I am thinking about you. Keep me posted today. I really have faith that it will all turn out well with a soon-to-be baby as your grand prize!

DebbieDo said...

Oh man, I remember the HSG, it was not fun. I have my fingers crossed for you. Hang in there on the waiting, I feel like that's all us infertile's do!

tulipmom said...

Just catching up here ....

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the doc says everything looks good.

What an incredible deal on the jeans!

The Mrs. said...

I had that done and boy did it suck. Hated that test! So uncomfortable!!! We just called the fert. doc and have our appt in Dec. I think we are doing in vitro again. Oh well. Check out the Halloween party I had on my blog!!!

Lori said...

Cute jeans, good deal too! When it is time to wear all that, you'll be glad you have it!
Good luck with everything, always hoping the best for you. :)