Monday, December 20, 2010

Decision Time

It's Christmas week, y'all!  The best week of the year!  We kicked it off with an amazing Christmas service at church yesterday morning.  And it's only a 3-day work week!  Our office is closed both Thursday and Friday, and I think I'm going to take Monday off too.  Woot!  Christmas this year is pretty relaxed... we're staying in town and enjoying good food and good company.  Every night my eyes pop at all the pretty prezzies underneath our tree - so fun!  I finished wrapping up a couple of last minute gifts yesterday, so it is all completely done. *Sigh.*
 
I keep thinking that December is over right after Christmas and I have to remind myself that we've got a whole other week to go on the back end.  I think I'm ready to get to 2011!  This year, while ending on a high(er) note, has been a tough one.  The hub and I are really looking forward to the progress we'll make in the New Year.  And it looks like the first thing on our list will be my surgery.  Yep, we've decided to go ahead with Plan A and knock out the surgery before moving forward with another IVF cycle.  As I mentioned before, I was ever so slightly leaning that way to begin with, but the more and more I thought about it, the more clear that choice became.  The potential of this 3rd surgery has been hanging over my head for 3+ years, so I really feel it's time to nip it in the bud.  If tax season was not a factor, I think we probably would do a frozen cycle first - because if it failed, we could immediately move forward with the surgery.  But in our case, if a January frozen cycle was a bust, I wouldn't be able to do surgery until after April 15th.  Getting the surgery out of the way now means I'll be fully ready to do a frozen cycle after tax season, with nothing standing in my way. 
 
Dr. T is also going to do some other testing while I'm under to rule out any other variables that could be giving us trouble.  And once we do a frozen cycle, we'll be able to get really aggressive with my lining to make sure it's good and plump.  He said all my energies went to making those 40 eggs during my last cycle, so it's not surprising that my lining wasn't quite up to par.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.  So we all are anticipating great success with our frozens.  This surgery will just be a little delay, but we'll be in a better position once we get there.  I definitely feel like this is the right choice.  So there you go!
 
Annoying thing is, my firm is switching over to a new insurance carrier, so we've got to wait till January 1st before we can actually schedule the surgery.  We're hoping nailing down a date for January will not be a problem.  I'll be out for about a week recovering.  And we also decided that it makes sense to put a halt to acupuncture and herbs until we gear up for the frozen cycle in the spring.  For one thing, all that junk is mad expensive.  And secondly, it'll be really hard for me to get away from the office during tax season for acupuncture appointments.  So my visit to Dr. Liu tomorrow will be my last for a while.  I welcome the break, though.  I've been doing this since May and it will be nice to chill for a few months.  I do, however, plan to stay on my Moo Goo diet.  Well, after the holidays that is - ha!  I am still on it now, but let's just say I've done a fair amount of cheating with all the holiday shindigs going on.  And hello, Publix had Ghirardelli brownies BOGO last week.  It's Christmas, right?  But for real, I plan to Moo Goo it hardcore in the New Year.  It will keep me feeling good and healthy through tax season, and honestly I'm so used to it now that it's just not that big of a deal.
 
So that's the plan.  I'm eager to get this surgery scheduled and on the calendar so it's not just *floating* out there in space.  I'm not nervous or scared or anything.  I'm ready.  Really, let's just do it.  Fix my uterus.  Let's make babies already.  OK?  I'm REALLY tired of getting to Christmas each year saying, "Well, maybe by next Christmas..."  I don't ever let my empty arms ruin my Christmas, but yeah, this is getting old.  I'm ready to buy another damn stocking already!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I love your attitude and outlook on God, life, babies, and everything else. Merry Christmas! XOXO

Melissa said...

I didn't want to give my opinion before you made your decision, but I would have gone with Plan A too! I just think it makes more sense. You attitude about this is so awesome and I think 2011 is going to be your year! :D

Jill said...

Glad you've made a decision...and praying, praying, praying, that there is a new stocking to buy next year. In the meantime, I'm still working on your book deal!!! Seriously. Needs.To.Happen.

Julie Tiemann said...

Sounds like you definitely made the right decision! I'm so impressed with your wisdom through all of this - how you haven't let your emotions rule your thinking. That's something I constantly struggle with. You're my hero!

Merry Christmas!

Ruth said...

I love your positive attitude through it all.
Merry Christmas!