Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stop raining on my parade!

If anyone has seen the sun, please let him know he's skipped over our city for like 10 days straight now. Is he slacking? I've seen you in the Jimmy Dean commercials, Mr. Sun. Get your butt to work and make this rain go away! My poor dog's gonna get a blatter infection. Saw this on someone's Facebook page and it cracked me up, so kudos to whomever made it...


We got tons of rain up by us but luckily no real flooding - at least in our immediate area. And my drive to and from work yesterday was totally fine. Gross, but fine. I don't have to go really far, so that helps. I've been here all my life and I really cannot remember a case of "flooding." I mean just last year we were in a drought and couldn't water our yards - like ever. So I'm really feeling for those who have homes under water and whatnot - and especially those who lost their lives. My goodness... I think we forget how very powerful water is.

And of course - as trivial as this is - we've been waiting for a "sunny day" (what is that?) to take a picture of the Lexus to sell. Because a rainy, cloudy picture of a car is kinda depressing - who wants to buy that? Well... we're still waiting.

In other news... we're off to see my doctor tomorrow about the whole baby thing. Not sure what direction he'll want us to go in, so I'll let you know what we find out on the other side. Now seriously, somebody send us some SUN!

5 comments:

BroncoMom said...

Good to know things up your way are ok. A little south of you in Larryville we are holding our own. Some flooding but mainly good compared to others. Cannot believe the amount of destruction water can produce.
We are counting our blessings today Betty.

April Pantall said...

I think everyone has been experiencing nasty weather....here in Arkansas we had flash flood warnings and storms all last night. I'm just waiting for nice, Autumn weather that includes the sun!

Poolside with the Girls said...

love that photo!

Sandra said...

I was in Atlanta with my daughter Sunday through today. I have never seen solid rain like that for a day + night + next day! Goodness. There was some sunshine today when I left! xoxo

Lucky in Love said...

Praying for sun for you my friend!! And good luck with your appointment :)