Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Goings On

I can't believe the year's almost half over. It's like God puts time on warp speed when you become an adult or something. I still have a couple of random Christmas trinkets sitting on our shelves that somehow failed to get put away for the year. (Don't tell anyone.) How did we get here so quickly?

Well, the doggies are certainly enjoying the summer. We've been heading over to the lake a good bit so they can get their swim on. Well, most of them. Charlie's not so keen on water. He may be our biggest dog, but he's the biggest wimp. Belly of course loves ANY activity involving water. If we come within sniffing distance of any body of water, she starts having a fit. I can only equate it to a toddler's mad temper tantrum. When we get near Lake Lanier (still in the car, mind you), I have to restrain her with my kung fu grip to keep her from tearing up the interior of our car. As soon as we get there, it's a non-stop game of fetch with whatever stick she finds. We could throw it out a mile and the poor girl would still go after it. I told the hub we need to get her a doggie life vest because she'd swim to China if we could throw a stick that far...


Gertie has a good time in the water, too - not quite like Belly, but she still likes to jump around and play in the shallow end...



She's not too big on fetch - in or out of water. Well, aside from fetching paper products from the trash can and tearing them to shreds. Last night she got a hold of my thermometer somehow and ate half of it. Guess I'll be making a trip to Wally World today. And then there's Charlie... the hub was able to coax him into the water a few times with empty promises of treats (I know, isn't that evil?!), but as soon as he catches on, he starts camping out by my lawn chair in hopes of us not noticing him...


I can't see him, can you?! The best part of every lake trip is we have three exhausted doggies when we get home. Lots of snoring.

So what else have we been up to this summer? Besides a few Scrabble death matches between me and the hub, nothing much. We've actually had several weekends lately with little or no plans, which has been dreamy. I love being busy, but it's also nice to have down time so you can knock off some stuff on that ever-growing to-do list. The hub lives in our yard this time of our year. He's absolutely obsessed - in a good way. And it's fine by me. I prefer air conditioning and clean hands.

Next weekend we're leaving for the beach and we cannot wait! Haven't had a true vaca in SO long. My parents are renting a house on St. George Island and we're tagging along - as are two of our pooches. Gertie is staying behind with some friends of ours since we can't take all three. And I'm pretty sure we wouldn't want to anyway - what a mess that'd be, especially since we don't have the 4Runner anymore (aka Dog Mobile). But she was with us on our last beach trip, so it was time for the other two to catch some waves. Or, in Charlie's case, watch waves from a safe distance on the back porch. Luckily, my July (IUI) cycle should play out to where we can be in Florida that whole week, no problem. I'll have to do my clomid check and ultrasound before we leave and see the doctor again right after we get back, but we should be fine!

Oh what else... Oh! I met with my dear friend, Jill, yesterday to help her choose her baby bedding from Javis Davis. She and her husband are waiting to find out the sex of the baby, so she wanted to go with something gender neutral. Here's what we put together from the Periwinkle Paisley collection...


Isn't is super sweet? It fits in perfectly with her home. Their home has a very french cottage feel to it and this will be perfect! I love working with all mommas, but it's extra special to work with friends. And remember, anyone interested in custom crib bedding or big kid bedding can come check me out over here.

Well, that's about it for our goings on these days. It's a crazy life up here in the 'burbs, isn't it?! Hope y'all are enjoying your last weekend in June. Do come sign up for my Vera Bradley giveaway if you haven't yet!

6 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

Have fun at the beach! My terriers would probably come into the lake if we promised treats but would likely catch on quickly as well

Sandra said...

I love that bedding! I actually love most everything that Javis Davis does!! I'm gonna buy some bedding if I ever have any grands!! Then it would be darling sitting in the guest room. ;-) Have a great weekend!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So cute!! Sadie sends kisses to Charlie!!

~M~ said...

AWW!!

tintarosa said...

Love the pets!

Ashley said...

I found your blog through The Pifers. I just love reading your post!!!! I love those pictures of your doggies!!!

Prayers,
Ashley