Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear Britney,



It's been a while, hasn't it? Yes, we've come a LONG way since this episode. And I am proud to say that I KNEW you'd be back! And when I heard you were coming to town on tour, my heart skipped a beat but then quickly stopped because I knew Dave Ramsey would tell me, "hell no, you can't go." And I accepted that. I can honestly say... not being able to buy a ticket to your (very expensive) concert was the first thing my tight-wad budget truly had me bummed over. But that was a couple of months ago, and I got over it.

Well, fast forward to the last couple of weeks... Britney buzz is all over the place! I'm hearing about all these crazy girls that get to go to your concert. Yesterday, one of my co-workers told me she was going. I must've turned a bright shade of green! But Britney, do you know what? At 5:45pm yesterday, the hub emailed me to say that kuntry bride, Lucky, and I were all going to see you tonight!!!!!!! I know, right?!?!

Yes... I know, I have the most wonderful hubby in the world. He said he was actually about to buy a new camera lens with his birthday money, but he decided to send me to see YOU instead! Is he the best or is he THE BEST?! Turns out Lucky and kuntry bride were totally conspiring with him all day yesterday over email. He was calling all around to try and snag tickets and he ended up resorting to craigslist. These are hot tickets, Britney! So you better bring it! But girl, I know you will. I just know it. I am coming to see you!!! And as you know, in the words of Paula Abdul, I'm forever your girl.

xoxoxo,

Buford Betty

13 comments:

Melissa said...

That was so sweet of your husband! Let us know how the concert was and have so much fun!

Polos & Pearls said...

what a great hubby!! let us know how she was!!

A Belle and her Beau said...

SO JEALOUS!!! what a great hubby you have :) she will bring it ... she will definitely bring it!!!

Jill said...

Oh how fabulous!! I totally thought of you when I heard the concert was tonight! (Which, sadly, I didn't know until today..I'm not as up to speed with Britt these days!) I expect a blog with details all about it. Have fun!

Hollie and Janie said...

I am pea green as I type!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Lucky in Love said...

I can't believe your husband did that. That is the sweetest thing ever!

Have so much fun and I can't wait to hear about it when you get back :)

BroncoMom said...

Betty,
You are one lucky lady and the hub gets points for just being a GOOD GUY!
Tell Britney I said "HEY!"

Jill said...

How sweet of your hubby! Have a wonderful time.

Mrs.Preppy said...

I know jealousy is not a good thing, but I am soo jealous!!!! I would love to see her in concert, but the Dallas tickets are super $$$. I am now searching Craigs List for some random deals. Can you do a recap of the concert?

Kate said...

I can;t wait to hear all the details!

Jennifer said...

How sweet of your hubby!

I would so love to see Britney! You'll have to dish all the greatness of the show! She looks fabulous!

Julie Tiemann said...

I found your blog via Jill's... You crack me up - I always enjoy your posts. I had to comment on this one since I was at Britney last night too!!! I took a gazillion photos and a couple of videos, so I'm planning a post myself. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Brit-Brit!

Molly said...

Yay!! That is so sweet of him!! I am glad I am not the only one that didn't give up on Britney! Have a great time!!