Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm a girl of many talents...

BUT baking a cake isn't one of them. That sure doesn't stop me from trying though! Behold, the hub's birthday cake!!!


Most 5-year old's could do better. Oh yes, and those are my piddly balloons I about lost a lung over. Certainly I will never be one of those moms who bakes birthday cakes for their kids' birthday parties. I so envy that talent... same with cookie decorating... but I've given up on it. I've got plenty a bakery on speed dial for such an occasion! Plus, hello, it's not like I can be *awesome* at everything. ;-)

7 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

Hey...it's the thought that counts right?? I'm sure it tasted great!

Polos & Pearls said...

its the taste that counts!

Kate said...

Well it doesn't have to look good to taste good! Hope you & the hub had fun:)

Anonymous said...

No, that looks delicious!!

Jill said...

Well it is my opinion that the less professional things look, the better they taste!! So I bet it tasted good!! And, if all else fails, remember that I love to bake - it's one of the few things in the kitchen that I do well...so, when that time comes, we'll swap..you PLAN the parties, I'll do the baking...we'll have a little co-op going for our kids parties! Deal?

Jill said...

Happy (belated) birthday to your hubby. And the cake looks awesome to me!

Unknown said...

I bet it still tastes yummy!