Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Basal basics?


OK so tomorrow a.m. I'm going to start this whole Basal Body Temp tracking thing. I've got a kind of timeline laid out for slowly getting back into baby-making gear. My next cycle is due to begin this weekend, so for this first cycle of '09, I'm just trying out the BBT tracking. Next cycle I plan to get back on my meds (one of which I only take in the second half, so I kinda need to know what's going on - hence the tracking). Then in April I plan to start acupuncture. I'm excited about that! Not sure how often... maybe a couple of times a month? No idea... but we'll figure that out later.

So for now I've got to conquer this BBT nonsense. I've never done it before, so if y'all have any hot tips, please enlighten me! I've got the special thermometer, which came with a chart. But being the nerd I am, I'd love to dump my readings into software or something that makes the charts for me. I know I can find some online, but do y'all have any sites you've used that you love? I'll be on the hunt for that soon...

10 comments:

GoodnessGraces said...

fertilityfriend.com is a good free site. I use this one.

I think that thebump has also come out with one.

Stephanie said...

I adore NFP.

I would also buy Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

And iVillage has a great tracker that uses the TCOYF software, and it is free!

Unknown said...

Good luck to you! Where will you be doing acupuncture- up in the burbs or down in the city? I am so facinated by eastern medicine...

Buford Betty said...

Thanks! Down in la citta... my OB/GYN recommended a clinic. I don't have the info on me, but I think it's in Buckhead.

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

We did it for 8 months. Make sure to use the same thermometer each time and take it at the same time each day before you even step out of bed. My temps were really hard to chart so I had to make sure to always take it at the same time. It's kind of "funny" that the month I was sick (and therefore my temps were all over the place) we got pregnant. Good luck and God bless!

Preppy Money Penny said...

I used FertilityFriend.com and also read The Fertility Diet--gives you foods to eat that will help regulate your ovulation. Best of luck to you!

Unknown said...

I also used fertilityfriend.com and read Taking Charge of your Fertility. My temps were still all over the place though. I charted for about six months.

Finally, I had to resort to doing the pee tests to really pinpoint it. We got pregnant the first month we used the pee test.

funfavorites said...

Have you tried the OV watch? Check it out online I tried it after I realized I hated taking my temp. I'd never heard of it before someone suggested it, it really works!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

um...i have zero advice to offer here. but good luck anyhow!!

at first when you said "reading" i thought you were talking about a psychic. and about fell off my chair knowing that was soooo not you and thinking omg she's really lost it now. so i'm glad to know you're not depending on a crystal ball for all of this!!

Molly said...

Good luck with everything! I will keep you in my prayers!!