Thursday, January 8, 2009

97.77 Degrees.

Yep, that's how HOT I am! Hahahaha... I successfully got my first reading today, but I must say I didn't sleep well at all last night. I was anticipating my alarm going off and then carefully having to take my temp. I woke up several times during the night... How many hours left? Is my thermometer within reach? Where's the chart? Wait, does it light up? How am I going to be able to read it? Shit.

I even dreamed I took my temp at one point and then forgot to write it down. Oh the horror! I'm usually a heavy sleeper but I occasionally have these nights where I wake up time after time anticipating something. I specifically remember the night in high school when I went home with Baby-Think-it-Over and I got no sleep at all because I was just waiting for that darn doll to cry and wake me up. Sure enough, he did and I was on that baby in 2 seconds flat. Shoot... am I going to get any real sleep when I have an actual baby? Hmmm...

Well hopefully now that I've figured out how to get a reading I'll chill out about it and get some sleep! And thanks for the site info, girls... I'm going to take a look at all these today and see what I find.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

When I taught high school I always had a student or two who had a Baby-Think-It-Over. Sometimes there would be a malfunction and the "key" would not turn off the crying [after they were at home with the baby]. Those girls really got the lesson that the doll is supposed to teach!! Congrats on success with your first reading.

Gracie Beth said...

Your enthusiasm about taking your temperature made me laugh out loud this morning! I hope that you get a better nights sleep tonight!

Jill said...

Hey girl!! I for some reason am just now getting back to your blog - sorry for the hiatus. But, I did the bbt thing for a good bit. I remember having that little thermometer by my bed and that little beep that would inevitable wake Andy up on Saturday mornings! Ha! Alas, interesting stuff though!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Your school really did the baby thing? I thought that was just on TV. How funny!