Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just what you've been waiting for!

OK, now that I've got some time on my hands (and fabulous hair, btw), I'm gonna respond to bestest's recent tag on 5 unimportant things about moi. I will go ahead and tag anyone who wants to play along! So here we go...

1. I get bored of whatever outfit I have on pretty quickly and will feel the need to change into a completely different one before the day is over. Not like in the middle of the day at work, but if we're going out to dinner or I'm meeting friends, or like tonight we're going to small group... I'll totally change. Not because I need to or what I'm wearing wouldn't work, it's because I'm bored and have to mix it up. It makes packing for a trip a pain in the ass - because I'll change clothes 3 times in one day. OK I think I just figured out why our laundry is so out of control.

2. I smashed my finger in the car door back in early January. Like shut the door completely on my finger and had to OPEN the car door in order to remove my finger. Dude, if you ever want to get information out of somebody, take their finger and slam it in a door. Yeah so anyway - I'm STILL wearing a bandaid (3+ months later) to hide the ugly that is my left index finger. It's grody with a capital "Ew." I am SO tired of wearing a damn bandaid on my finger.

3. I track my calorie intake everyday online. I started doing it last fall when I turned 30 and freaked out because you know, I'm old now. I track the calories, but I also am really looking at what nutrients I'm getting and making sure I get my 5 fruits and veggies each day, etc. Especially with us trying to get preggers, it has helped me to see that I'm getting what I need. It has totally changed the way I look at food and eating. It's definitely tedious... but in a weird way, it's totally fun.

4. I visited two new Target stores in the past two days that I hadn't been to yet. OK that's not really about me, but it was super exciting. Yesterday, I got a Starbucks at the new one at Atlantic Station. And then today I got dog treats, a dog toy, and tampons at the new South Buckhead one at Piedmont and Sidney Marcus. (Yeah that's right - Flo dropped in unexpectedly and her room was not prepared.)

5. I am way too nice to a fault. I know I've mentioned this before, but here's a prime example. Yesterday I got a pedi and I had worn a blister onto my big toe from walking around all day. It wasn't horrible, but holy hell was it on fire when she poured the alcohol on my toe to remove my old polish. So most normal people would be like, "oh that hurts - try not to get anything with alcohol on it because I have a small blister there." But no. I didn't flinch at all. I just acted like it didn't hurt and let her do her thing because I wouldn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. How ridiculous is that?! Seriously.

8 comments:

As Cape Cod Turns said...

"Flo dropped in unexpectedly and her room was not prepared."
OK, that was one of the funniest lines I have read in awhile!

Lori said...

#5 sounds like something I would do. :)
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I can relate to number 5. I am checking out the website where you can track your calories. I would like to try it just for an idea.

Have a nice weekend!

Jill said...

My gallery/shop is right near the Piedmont Target...on Miami Circle! So glad that Target was built as we didn't have anything worth shopping at unless we went to Lenox/Phipps and Peachtree is not very peachy at lunch time.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Two new Targets? Fun fun!

Damn flo needs to go away for say 9-10 months! She's starting to get rude and overstay her welcome!

You are too nice. But I can be that way too. Maybe that's why we are friends.

Happy Taxes are over week. Enjoy your full and relaxing weekend! Any big plans?

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I am so like #5 too! I wish I wasn't!

The Mrs. said...

I would have squealed during the pedi!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I am a Atlanta 'burb girl myself, Braselton actually. I love the Target at Atlantic Station, so high tech!