Friday, April 4, 2008

Hello Friday, so good to see you!

Thanks so much for all your sweet, sweet comments and prayers for my neighbor and her family. It's so comforting to know there are prayers going out all over the country! How cool is that?! This morning we all got this last email from the ring leader and I thought I'd share it. We moved to our neighborhood about 2 1/2 years ago and we really have learned the true meaning of "neighbors." I encourage you all to reach out and get to know your neighbors because in times like these, the love and care from all of them can be priceless. I'm lucky in that I'm surrounded by many friends and family here locally since I grew up here. But many - if not most - people in this city are transplants and don't have that luxury. So it's even more important to reach out for that very reason. So I'll leave you with this email and wish you a fabulous weekend! I'll be working most of it, so no super exciting plans for me. Have a great one!

The email...

"I want to thank each and everyone of you for your e-mails concerning Sulianna and her family, for your calls asking what can you do, your offer of childcare, cards that you have dropped off to me or delivered to her, your contributions of breakfast meals,care packages for the hospital, your contributions for dinner meals and your monetary contributions. Thank you to [Jill] for coming up with a schedule for meals. I don't have an update on Sulianna today but plan on seeing her tomorrow and will update you as I know more . . . When we moved here three years ago, [Jane] and I would talk about getting "The Ladies" in the neighborhood together so that we could meet everyone, form friendships, share stories, meals, good times and tough times. It took us a couple of tries to get it started but I am so happy we kept trying. You all have exceeded my expectations of what we were hoping to accomplish when we set up to unite "The Ladies"! I know I've become really sappy during this past week but really who can help it with what's happened. We are now sharing the tough times and I'm honored to be part of a group that has come together to support one of our own. Thank you once again for everything each one of you has done in order to help Sulianna and her family. I will print out each of the e-mails I have received and give them to Sulianna to let her know that she has an extended family that really cares about her. She will be so awed to find out how much each of you cares. Ok, this is my last sappy note. As some of you head out this spring break or not, travel safely, enjoy your kids, hug your loved ones, unite with those you haven't seen or spoken to in a while and enjoy yourselves as much as possible but keep a prayer in your thoughts for Sulianna and her loved ones and may Falleen's husband recover from his injuries and may her children and grandson rest in peace."

7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I have really gotten to know my neighbors over the last couple months and it is a joy! It is so important.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am so thankful the ladies in the neighborhood can be of some comfort and help to your neighbors family. I am praying for them.

I hope you have a nice weekend!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Just catching up on the last few days. What an ubelievable and sad event. It's so great that your neighborhood has bonded together to help these people. Prayers to all of you.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

You are very lucky to not only have your family and friends close by, but to also have such a wonderful set of neighbors...

DebbieDo said...

Wonderful letter. Thanks so much for sharing that.

Have a good weekend.

Preppy Lizard said...

What a wonderful group of neighbors/friends you have.
Have a great weekend!

sugar said...

hi someone asked me to add you to my blog readers list. i just need your email. i'd love to add you. thank you.