Monday, November 28, 2011

32 Week Ultrasound

Finally got some decent pics... although the face shot is a little creepy - haha!  But some pretty cool detail nonetheless.  Sam has got some serious cheeks!  Size-wise, he's measuring a solid two weeks ahead.  He weighed 4lb, 12oz today and already has a a head full of hair!  They're guessing he'll be 8 or 8 1/2 lbs at 39 weeks.  We'll see! 
 
All is looking good though... the perinatologist did ask if I had passed my glucose test.  Well yeah, but barely!  Can't remember if I mentioned that - but I found out at my last OB visit that I just squeeked by.  The doctor's not at all concerned, but is mentioning to my OB that they may want to think about retesting me considering Sam's chub-a-lubness.  He also wants to see me again at 36 weeks just to monitor size.  He said on occasion, if baby is super big, they'll recommend taking him a little earlier.  I am cool with going earlier if it's planned... I just don't want to go into labor for fear of rupturing my wonky uterus.  Or should I say formerly wonky?  The wonkiness has been minimalized, but it's still "special." 
 
We bought the last bit of paint this weekend for the nursery, so hopefully all the painting projects will get wrapped up over the next week or so.  I want to get the nursery done before Sam gets here, obviously... but I'm more concerned about *me* being ready in the event he decides to come early.  So my hospital bag is pretty much packed.  There are a couple of things I'd like to add, but really I've got the essentials covered.  And it's not like my mom or whoever couldn't run out while we're in the hospital and grab whatever else we needed.  And there are just some things around the house I want to get "in order" before he comes.  Nothing major - but just some small projects to wrap up.
 
But gosh... we're down to less than 8 weeks!  That is nuts.  And I've also got some loose ends to tie up at work.  Nothing I can't handle in the next few weeks, but just want to make sure I've covered everything.  And oh yeah... Christmas?  I am usually Santa's right hand man, but this year I'm like SO unmotivated to Christmas shop.  I think my "I don't care about anything" attitude from the 1st trimester is creeping back in...  Luckily we don't have a huge list of people to buy for, but I'm usually done at this point!  Mostly anyway.  I only have a couple of small things so far... and a few ideas, but not much else!  I better get on it.  Pretty sure it's going to be an online Christmas for the most part this year though.  Amazon to the rescue?!

2 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

Can't believe you're getting so close!! I feel like time is absolutely flying by. That is a really great picture. Good luck getting last minute things done and all the loose ends tied up at work. Gahhh Christmas... I'm totally slacking this year. I need to just sit down and order gifts for everyone all at once so that it is out of the way!! I've been buying tons online lately but it has ALL been for the baby! So even if we aren't prepared for Christmas to get here... at least maybe we'll be prepared for the baby's arrival? HA! Hope you'll get everything done soon so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Michelle said...

So happy that you are doing so well! I know you are going to be such a great Mommy!