Friday, November 4, 2011

Shower Outfits for this Weekend

Can't believe my first showers are HERE!  I'm so, so excited.  And of course all the goodies for Sam are totally fun, but I'm also thrilled to get a lot of our friends and family together that we don't see all that often.  So fun to celebrate this special time with all of them!

Tomorrow's couples' shower is hosted by some great friends of ours.  I'm glad the hub and the grandpas get to participate in some fun!  I'm going a little more casual for this one - but fabulous nonetheless, right?!




I actually changed up this outfit last minute.... I had something entirely different in mind, but I threw this together Wednesday night to go out for our anniversary dinner and decided it was WAY cuter than my shower ensemble.  So the old outfit got the boot!  The blouse and jeans are from Old Navy.  I got the shoes off Amazon to go with the original shower outfit, but they look great with this new one!  And I'll finish it off with some chunky gold bangles.  Super cute!


Sunday's shower is hosted my several of my sweet girlfriends and will surely be a bit more "girly" so I'm of course going with a dress for that one...




I tell ya... finding cute fall and winter maternity dresses is quite the challenge.  Summer is EASY.  Fall and winter?  Not so much.  But Gap has been my savior here.  The dress is from Gap - and that necklace in the pic is not part of the dress, FYI.  It's such a flattering cut and easy to wear.  I'm pairing it with some burgundy tights and metallic pewter shoes from Target.  The tights are not maternity - just some basic ones from Target that I may have to slice the waistband on to be comfy.  But hey, for $7 tights, I don't mind breaking out the scissors.  The shoes were a mere $19.99 and look much nicer in person.  They look pretty cheap in this pic.  Well, cuz they are.  But they really do look better in real life.  The only shoe options in my closet were flats, which would make me look frumpy, or 3.5 heels, which would surely send me to the hospital in my extra-clumsy state. 

Excited!  Can't wait to tell y'all all about the showers on the other side.  TGIF and hope you all have fabulous weekends!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute outfits!

Have a wonderful time at your baby showers! I know how long you've been waiting to go to one in your honor :)

Unknown said...

Ooooh! I love the new outfit for your couples shower! That will look so cute. Hmm...now I am thinking about switching up my couples shower attire too, hmm...???

Sasha said...

Cute Cute Cute!

I just ordered those pewter shoes- they are IDENTICAL to some Madden ones I have in black that I wear almost every single day!