Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just Checking In

Wow... has it really been that long since I posted?  Yeah.  Sorry about that!  I've either been running around or just too darn tired to get on the 'puter.  I stare at a computer all day at work, so sometimes it's the last thing I want to do when I get home.  But I have been rather domestic lately... I'm not just plopped on the couch!  I'm really trying to keep up the habit of doing one load of laundry a day so that when I'm buried in dirty onesies, sheets, and burp cloths, it won't be such a huge adjustment.  And I'm just trying to get little projects done here and there at night and on weekends to get ready.  Like the other day I cleared out an entire kitchen cabinet to make way for bottles and baby food and other kitcheny stuff for Sam.  Not even sure what all will go in there, but we have the space now! 
 
Had another OB appointment yesterday and all is still looking good.  We have what should be our last perinatal visit next Monday.  Can't wait to see Sam on screen again - it's been forever!  He is busting at the seams, it seems.  I swear he's trying to push my belly out to make more room.  Feeling him wiggle around in there is an entirely different experience now than it was mere weeks ago.  Used to just be a jab here, a kick there.  Now it's like entire body parts shifting or rolling over - it is seriously crazy.  Sometimes it catches me out of the blue and scares me.  And he still loves to set up camp on my bladder at times.  That's always fun.  But I can't complain!  Oh and the hiccups... I've only been able to feel those fairly recently.  He gets those pretty often - it's so funny.
 
Nothing much else to report here... I will get our shower pics up sometime this week.  We still have a few more showers next week as well.  Plus we're doing a maternity photo shoot next Friday.  It's going to be a BUSY but very fun week.  So by Sunday, Sam should be sittin' pretty.  The nursery is coming along, but of course my idea of having everything 100% done by Thanksgiving is not going to happen... duh. I kinda knew that wouldn't happen, but a girl can dream.  The shelves arein the room, but not officially installed and finished yet.  But we're very close on that!  They are going to look so great - can't wait!  And they'll be very functional... pretty much all our nursery storage (aside from the closet) is in the shelving.  I did snap a few pics of the boys moving the shelving units into the room - I'll post those too in a bit. 
 
Other than the shelves, the big projects left are finishing up the paint and installing the beadboard in the nursery bath.  None of those require tons of time, but it's just finding that time that's been hard.  The holidays, while I LOVE them, just complicate things.  And of course showers, and football, and other fall goings-on... it's just a busy time of year!  But we'll get there.  I'm hoping we can get some painting in this weekend in the midst of Christmas decorating.  The biggest part left is the ceiling paint - and there's no way in hell I'm getting in the awkward positions required to paint a ceiling.  So the hub will take care of that job! 
 
A few other projects remain... building a cornice board, having the window seat cushion made, and getting other accessories in order.  But one step at a time...  we'll get there!  Just hoping to get the bulk of it done before year-end.  Not sure I'll be able to move much come January!
 
Hope you all have a fantastic Turkey Day planned... it's such a fun week!  Enjoy the time with family and friends, be grateful, and eat up!

No comments: