Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sam's Crib Bedding!

So super exciting... our custom crib bedding and accessories arrived in only 6 days.  I wasn't expecting to get the order till next week, so it was a fun surprise to find it on our doorstep already.  I love it as much as I knew I would!  Here's a pic of the online version once I designed it (I just did a skirt and crib sheet, so ignore the "blank" quilt and bumpers)...


Nursery Designer by Carousel Bedding

And here's the sweet product on our crib!



Obviously I need to iron it to get that box pleat looking good, but I just had to throw it on there right away to see how it looked.  We also went with a longer skirt (20") since we decided to skip the bumper.  I know I'll have to either pin it up or get a standard length later when we move the mattress down, but I don't care.  I LOVE it!



Got a sweet little pillow for the rocker... I'm sure I'll end up monogramming Sam's name on it (er, having a friend do it). 



I also got extra fabric so bestest can sew our closet "door."  It'll be the same blue and white striped fabric on the bottom of the crib skirt.  Love it!

So we started our registry today at BRU and it was 10x more overwhelming than I thought.  The first aisle was all bottles and feeding accessories.  What the hell?  Like literally hundreds of products crammed on a wall and I'm supposed to know what to pick out?  Ha!  Most used sentence in there today... "Uhhh, just scan it and I'll research it more later."

So yeah it was more like getting a jump start on it but now I'm weeding through it online.  A couple of things scanned wrong too, so I corrected those on the website.  I'm thinking this registry is going to be a work in process for a while...

4 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

Oooh, LOVE it!!!!

Julie Tiemann said...

Ooooh, LOVE it!!!!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous!

Registries can be overwhelming. It helped me to look at someone else's. If you want to see mine, e-mail me and I would be happy to send you the link :) MIssie1284 at gmail dot com

Jill said...

LOVE it, just beautiful! And registering...yeah, overwhelming. I went with two friends who I admired for their practical way about them and basically just scanned what they told me to. Good advice on the feeding stuff that I got: Just get a few (I think I seriously had two bottles before I delivered), you won't know what works for you and your little man for awhile and if you are like me, will go through a few kinds before you settle.