Saturday, August 15, 2009

I got tanked!


Oh I am like on a tank top high, if there is such a thing. I think it's a combo of the fact that (1) I haven't bought anything for myself in almost a YEAR, and (2) I got 20 tank tops for less than $40. I'm so glad we went right when the store opened. It wasn't crazy crowded, but I guarantee by noon those tables of tanks will be empty. People were hovering over those tanks and grabbing them left and right and discussing strategies on how to get more than 5 (the limit per customer). But even the Old Navy chick standing by, constantly refolding tanks only to be rummaged through again and again, said that we could go through the check-out as many times as we wanted. AND I had 4 10% off coupons with, so we got an additional little savings there. If you're heading over there today to grab some $2 tanks, be sure to print off some for yourself!


It's not a huge discount, but hey - every penny counts, mommas. Just hop over to the weekly ads page and look for the two creepy girl mannequins in the top right corner. Click the coffee cup circled that the one on the left is holding and your coupon will pop up. It's only good once, so you've got to print several if you're planning on getting more than 5 tanks...



Yeah so I got 20 fab tanks... all different except I did get two of the delicious charcoal grey ones because I'm having a total love affair with grey right now. Everything grey is catching my eye lately. I'm completely giddy. I already hung up all my new tanks and went through my old ones and pitched the worn out ones in the Goodwill pile. A bunch of them have holes and stains and whatnot - I was totally in need of some replacements! So I had to display my scrumptious loot on the kitchen table and snap a pic...


Fab, aren't they? I do love a deal. Had I paid full price, these 20 tanks would've cost me $170 before adding tax. Yeah, I know they're on sale half the time for like 2 for $15 or 2 for $12, but still... it's more fun to think I saved 79%!

Alright... gotta get off my high horse and get some work done. I've got to put Lucky's bachelorette invites together! I will take pics of this project because it'll be a fun one. And I only have to make 7... she's just inviting her bridesmaids. So that's fun when I don't have to make like 200 of the same thing. I'm also brainstorming on designs for her wedding invitations this weekend. So I'll be playing around with those some too. Oh and I've got to get to the grocery today too... argh. AND I've got to update the budget. Too much to do. Hope y'all are having great weekends so far! Hmmm... which tank to wear first?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow girl you totally scored on this sale! I applaud your tenacity. I tend to avoid the malls/stores this time of year due to all the back to school mayhem.

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, I'm loving your great blog -your posts are really interesting so thanks very much for sharing them. Pictures are really good too !

Happy weekend,

PS said...

Hey Girl! I am so glad I read your post about this sale last night...because I dragged myself out before my run this am to snag some tanks! I went totally basic...2 whites, one black with beads, 1 grey, and 1 brown...just five for me...that was all I had stashed away in my "misc" cash envelope! I envy your haul! You deserve it!!! Thanks for keeping us posted on sales!

Kristen said...

I can't believe you bought 20 tanks! I guess you can't pass up a deal!

Denim and Pearls said...

I was really excited when they rung me up and it said "Discount $36.50" on my $22.50 of purchases at Old Navy today!

JennyMac said...

Wow...great find. I must go check out that store. I read something yesterday about them having great yoga tanks in the store right now too.