Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tonight: Town Hall for Hope!

OK so Operation Fierce Booty has yet to take lift off. I was off work on Monday, so that was my excuse. I know, seriously... what kind of excuse is that? Tuesday, I had a dinner date at Taq with kuntry bride and Lucky to check out Lucky's new BLING! That's right... she's engaged!!! Woo hooooo! And then last night, the hub talked me into having a calorie-fest at our local dirty Mexican joint. My arm is so darn sore from being twisted, don't you know! So yeah... not off to a great start with that whole working out thing. I've been off the wagon for weeks and getting back on is freaking hard! I'll do it though, I gotta.

And then tonight is Dave's Town Hall for Hope!!! (So much for Thursday's run.) I'm so excited... We're grabbing some friends and going to a local church to watch it. Not our church, but one closer to us. So who else is going?! It starts at 8pm EDT, but I believe there's a delay on the west coast... Dave will be speaking live from Oklahoma City and churches and local orgs all over the country will be broadcasting it. Just log on here and type in your zip code to find a spot near you. I typed in my zip code just now and over 40 locations popped up within a 10 mile radius! The event is absolutely free - all you need to do is show up! If this crappy economy has affected you at all, grab your friends and family and GO! I promise you won't regret it. It's a 1.5 hour program. He'll spend the first half hour talking about the economy and the last hour answering questions from viewers. Dave is an amazing speaker and his enthusiasm is absolutely contagious. I hope you all will go!


Alright girls... off to work for me! Another day, another dollar, right? So glad the weekend is in sight! By the way, Charlie is doing great - thanks for all your sweet comments and tweets! Besides the whining, he's been a real trooper. One week down, five to go...

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I want to listen to the Town Hall for Hope so badly, but I have a Sunday School commitment. Bummer! I think it is so great how he unabashedly combine faith and finances. We're using his plan to save to buy a house next year.

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be there!

A Belle and her Beau said...

we will be there with bells on at our church!!!

however if anyone gets the fox business channel they will be streaming it live!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I was just listening to Dave's podcast on my way to work and heard about the event. I have a work thing tonight but I hope you enjoy it!

Mrs.Preppy said...

He is about to come to our church also... Hope it is good!

Gracie Beth said...

Several of my friends went when he came back and gave a talk on campus and they really enjoyed him. I was in class :(