Sunday, April 5, 2009

Introducing: Make Room for Style!

Alright, girls.... it's finally here! I am super excited to announce the launch of my new site/blog/venture - whatever you wanna call it...


Not only have I been crunching some serious numbers at work, but I've been logging some real hours trying to get this new biz off the ground as well! Earlier this year, I was blessed to partner with Javis Davis, a custom baby and kids' bedding company, as the design partner for Atlanta. If you've been hanging with me for a while, perhaps you remember when I stumbled upon this hidden gem months and months ago. Well, as I do with any site I swoon over, I immediately subscribed to their emails. Back in February, I got one such email from Javis Davis announcing that they were on the hunt for design partners. After reading about what they were looking for, I knew this was for me. Definitely one of those lightbulb-over-the-head instances... crazy timing.... total epiphany... the ultimate *aha* moment. So I filled out the rather lengthy application (because I tend to be wordy, that is) and waited a very long two weeks to hear back. Finally, I was on the phone with Mary Lou, the owner and creator... she loved my app and I was IN!

I was so thrilled to be selected because I really didn't know what to expect or what they were expecting. Basically, I'll be working one on one with moms and moms-to-be, helping them pick out bedding and accessories to complete their nurseries and kids' rooms. But it doesn't stop there... I'm all about getting into the whole realm of nursery styling and design. It's something I've always wanted to do... something I've done a million times in my head. And I know y'all are thinking, OK don't you effing hate baby showers and all that nonsense? Yep, I realize this all sounds like a totally bizarre thing for a prego-challenged person to want to do. I've even wondered myself if I'm crazy. But no... this is different. I have so much passion for nursery design. I thought it was just because I wanted to be a mom so badly, but it's more than that. And my new site is ALL about babies and mommas and baby-mommas... so how do I do it? I don't know, but all I can say is that I love it. It's a little therapeutic even. For me, this is all a passion and desire that's always been with me and there's really no use fighting it anymore! I truly believe it's a seed God planted, and it's my job to sew it.

So there it is! I went into a lot more detail on my new blog about how I got into this and what all I have to offer, so definitely read up over there. And Buford Betty ain't goin' nowhere... I am here to stay! But do pay me a visit at my new digs every now and again.

So what can you do for me? I would be more than thrilled if you'd just spread the good word! While this is a ton of fun for me, it's still a business. I've got three doggie mouths to feed, dear readers. Hahaha... no but really, my biggest goal right now is to get the word out! The products at Javis Davis absolutely sell themselves - I am IN LOVE with their stuff. But I've got to sell myself before anything else! So to entice you all, as mentioned, I'm doing a fabulous giveaway over at makeroomforstyle.com!

Here's a peek at the goods...
...but you'll have to hop over HERE to enter!

So grab your friends and come on over! Thanks again, girls, for all your love and support. I'm truly excited to get this new gig going. OK so off to bed for me! Tax season ain't over till it's over... and it ain't over. XOXOXO!

Note: Technical difficulties, OF course. Still trying to get my new url to work, so if you tried to link over earlier with no luck, all the above links should be working fine now. Thanks! :-)

4 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

Congrats on your biz! Can't wait to check it out.

Good luck!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Congratulations!!

Solar Powered said...

congrats! I just met with the javis davis rep in my area on Saturday... pink rosettes or over the moon it will be!

Michelle said...

How exciting!!! You are going to do great.