Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vintage eggs in this Easter basket.

OK so you know Dave would spit fire if I went out and bought new duds for Easter Sunday. I know Jesus doesn't care what I wear, he just wants my heart there... but Easter Sunday is my ultimate ode to spring! Even if it's 45 degrees out! So, Betty on a budget must go shopping in her own closet this year.

Lilly is the standard and a dress is a must... but my Lilly collection (dresses anyway) has dwindled since I sold several of my dresses that don't fit anymore. Boooo! But here's one of the ones I had altered and sliced and diced a while back...


Think it'll do? Forgive the grainy camera phone pic and my ugly hangers... I was in a hurry. The dress is strapless, so the lime green Sigrid Olsen cardi will come along. Haven't accessoried yet... we'll figure that out this weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice, which would be great. I really do not enjoy freezing on Easter Sunday and it was freaking snowing here yesterday. But sun or no sun, one thing's definitely in order... an emergency pedicure - STAT! It's time for the toes to break free.

Have y'all got your Easter ensembles figured out yet?

12 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

That outfit is gorgeous!

Lori said...

I think it's perfect! You'll look adorable on Easter!
It's freezing here too....I'm SO ready for Summer!!!

Stephanie said...

I love that dress! That is a cute pattern for sure.

Preppy Money Penny said...

Love it! My SIL is coming to watch Nate for me this morning so I can go find something. Shopping for a dress 1 month after you've given birth=NOT FUN! But, I agree with you- a dress is a must!

Angela said...

The Lilly San Diego pattern is one of my absolute faves.. cant go wrong with it!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Love it! You will look adorable!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

You will look very cute! Don't forget your Easter bonnet!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

LOVE the print on the dress!! You will look so fabulous!!

Hopsy said...

I love that print! My mother and grandmother have matching skirts in that print (they left me out, tear!) and it is so fresh and springy. The entire outfit will be perfect fro Sunday!

Hollie and Janie said...

I have an award for you on my blog... if you have time!
hollie

Anonymous said...

Such a great spring colour outfit! Love it! NO CLUE what I am wearing for Sunday - it is so weather dependent here!

Ellen said...

Love the outfit — you'll look so pretty!
And I hear ya about the emergency pedicure! I am long past due for one.