Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bibs and Booties.

So after work today I ran by Off 5th to grab a baby shower gift. I had a 30% off Friends and Family coupon (good through Tuesday - email me if you want one!) so this was going to be my first spot to try and find a gift. I was a little disappointed in the baby and kids' clothing selection... sometimes they're overflowing with stuff... tons of Lilly and other fabulous brands... but today, not so much. Lots of designer jeans for kids, but I've become way to sensible for that nonsense. (Tell your toddler to get a job if he wants to wear $150 Diesel jeans.) Anyway, I had a few things in my hand from the clearance rack that were pretty cute, but I quickly threw them down when I caught wind of the stack of icky baby bibs around the corner.


Sometimes Off 5th has a bunch of these bibs and sometimes they don't... that store in general is totally hit or miss, but when it's a hit, it's a HIT. Which makes it one of my favorites! So anyway, all my momma friends adore these bibs. They retail between $15 and $18 and are usually sold at more uppity stores and boutiques. Well at Off 5th they were selling for $11.99... add my 30% off coupon... that's $8.39 each. Pretty good deal - I was happy. So I snagged these three...



Not an earth-shattering bargain, but a good one. And the total was under my $30 budget, so I'm happy and I know the mom-to-be and her baby boy will love them too! Yeah, by the way, I never do baby registries for baby gifts. I don't know what the hell half those products are and I'm not running laps in Babies 'R' Us trying to find a pack of onesies in some specific blend of organic cotton you picked out. Sorry.

OK and then booties? Yes, that'd be in reference to MY booty. As in, let's get it into shape, girls! Today is April 4th... exactly three months from JULY 4th... when I'll be running the Peachtree!!! I had fun tagging along with the hub and our other pals who ran last year, but I'm going to actually run it this year. It will be my first 10k, so I've got some serious work to do. Along with working ridiculous hours this time of year, my workout schedule gradually goes down the toilet. I haven't been to yoga in weeks... I haven't ran in... well, let's just say *a while*... I've managed to maintain my weight throughout the last few months solely because I watch my cal-intake like a hawk (on weekdays anyway). But we need some firming up... for realz.

So... I've got a week and a half left of busy season. The countdown is officially on! My plan - which I'll begin on Monday, April 20th - is gonna go like this:

  • Mondays - Yoga after work

  • Tuesdays - Run with Gertie at the park after work

  • Wednesdays - Yoga after work

  • Thursdays - Run with Gertie at the park after work

  • Fridays - off

  • Saturdays - a.m. run with Gertie in the park

  • Sundays - off (unless I'm feeling crazy - optional afternoon yoga class)

You like? I do... I can totally do this... Operation Fierce Booty!!! Yes, let's call it that. Alright girlz... any of y'all have new workout plans to get bikini ready or whatever ready? Now I realize I may have to adjust this somewhat if my doctor tells me to take it easy... we'll see! I'm currently on my last cycle before we start IUI next month!!! I'm so ready to go. I've had two girlfriends recently conceive through IVF so I'm hoping their baby dust rubs off!

And speaking of baby dust... tomorrow I'm debuting my new blog and venture! And yes, it has to do with babies! That's all I'll spill for now. But there is a FABULOUS giveaway involved, so stay tuned!!!

8 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Can't wait to see the new blog debut!! So excited for you!!

Unknown said...

You need to take it easy after your IUI, I had 2. I hope you only have to do one!

And I'm excited about your new blog.

Her Preppiness said...

Love the bibs

Sasha said...

Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve!

Hollie and Janie said...

I love icky baby! so cute and functional! I can't wait to see the new blog! Very exciting!!!!

GingerSnap said...

Super-cute bibs!

Jill said...

Fun entry! Super cute bibs - and I am SO with you on the no registry thing for gifts. Babies R' Us TERRIFIES me. Way to go on the Peachtree!! You'll have so much fun! I'm sad not to do it this year but you'll find me cheering you on at the Peachtree Battle Starbucks!!

News Readin' Wife said...

Very exciting news about the new blog! Congratulations.
And you go girl - Operation Fierce Booty is inspiring to the rest of us.