Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's my Bloggaversary!!!

I can't believe it's been a whole year, blog world! I have to credit bestest for dragging me into this dazzling online society - a world that was totally foreign to me until she grabbed my hand and pulled me in head first. I have "met" so many amazing blog buddies - all over the world - and have just had such a fun time taking a peek into their everyday lives. I mean what other reason would I ever have to know the goings-on of a teenager in Ireland? Or live vicariously through a newly married southern girl living in Manhattan? It's too cool and I have had a ball sharing in all your experiences and of course sharing my own with you!

So on this special, special day, I shall take a minute to see how far I've come in the last 365 days. Or I guess it's 366... we did have a leap year this year, ya know. This could turn into a book if I get carried away, so I'll just hit a few highlights and call it a night!


  • This time last year I was getting ready to have my first surgery. I have to say I thought I'd be knocked up by now, but we're still trucking along. I try not to let that disappoint me. Hub and I have had a great time together this last year. And although the wait only gets harder as each month passes, I'm still full of hope. We'll get there. God is whispering, "just wait, you'll see."

  • The hub is with a different company now. It was not the smoothest transition in the end. He's in sales and effectively had to *start over* even being in the same exact industry due to (still) pending legal issues with his former company. So it's been a true uphill battle for him to get going at work again and get back in his "groove." But he is really starting to shine and is feeling great about it all. I'm so proud of him... He says leaving his old job when he did was the best thing he could've done.

  • I turned 30... yikes! We had a smashing party and I turned the big 3-0 in style. I have to say my 30's totally rock so far. Around my birthday I think I had a sort of 1/3-life crisis and decided to become a health nut. Well I don't think I'd call myself a *nut* but I definitely did a complete overhaul of my eating habits and got into yoga big time and now, as y'all know, I've even starting running! I feel the best I have in years. And while making those changes I managed to slim down almost back to my size in HS. Same size, but uh... things aren't exactly as *tight* and firm and... young as they used to be! ;-) Guess I'll just have to get over that, huh? I still shock strangers when I tell them I'm 30 and I have to say that feels DAMN good.

  • And lastly, we managed to add another family member. I should've known that whole "fostering" thing would've never worked. Gertie stole our hearts.

What a year... and how fun to think of where we'll be in another! Thank you all for taking a few minutes out of your busy days to get a little dose of Buford Betty. And many thanks for sharing your lives with me, too.

And now that I've hit the one-year mark, I think I'll steal a little something from MMM that I think is so fun...

:: One year ago today ::

9 comments:

Mama's the Boss said...

Happy Bloggaversary!!!

I love your blog & am so glad I found it.

LSU Melanie said...

Cheers to another fabulous year!!!! I have so enjoyed reading about all of your experiences and look forward to many many more:)

Etiquettely Correct said...

Congratulations! I love your blog :)

Muffy said...

HAPPY BLOGVERSARY!!!!! :)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I'm so happy we are finally living in the same place....online anyway in Blogville. So fun!!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Happy Blogiversary! I have enjoyed getting to *know* you through blogger. Your blog is so much fun!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sew Biz said...

Happy Blogiversary! I love reading your blog!

Jill said...

Happy One Year! Glad I found you!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Happy Blogiversary!
Hmmm, predictions for the next year...let me consult my crystal ball...
*You will sell your townhouse
*Buy your own Tutti Fruitti store
*Move into a southern mansion
*have triplets!
*Run a 1/2 marathon

Let's see how good my crystal ball is!