Friday, February 1, 2008

Gertie Bo Bertie!

Guess who's finally getting spayed today?


Poor girl was sooooo nervous. Gertie's never aggressive, but she was growling at the male handler. Men sometimes make her nervous - especially at the vet. We had to muzzle her just in case. She's probably in surgery right about now. I hate when they get so nervous - I wish I could explain it all to her, but she was just scared out of her mind. And I am COVERED in dog hair.

The Atlanta Humane Society has been doing free spay and neuturing because they got some kind of huge grant late last year or something. So we only had to pay for her rabies shot and her micro chip - $35 total! With three dogs, any little break we can catch is great. They are all on pet insurance policies, so our monthly expenses on them are a little absurd. Anyway, I'm not sure how long they'll be doing this, but give them a call if you have a pup that needs to be spayed or neutured. It's a great facility and very easy to get to.

I think grandma will be picking her up - she or the hub... so I will be the "bad mom" who took her to the vet to have her girly goods removed, and they'll be the heroes that rescued her. I wonder how long she'll be pissed at me...

2 comments:

Libby said...

Yipes, poor little Gertie! I'm sure she'll forgive you, that's the wonderful thing about dogs. :)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh Sadie is sending Gertie kisses! Poor little love!