Monday, August 15, 2011

Some goodies for our boy!

I promise I won't bore y'all with EVERY little thing we get for this kid, but the first few things are definitely fun! I am so more excited about a boy than I ever thought I would be. I am just so girly and always assumed I'd prefer having a girl (if I could choose), but I am all about boy now!

On Saturday we were running errands all over the place and stopped in Costco for a quick hot dog lunch. It is the happenin' place on a Saturday afternoon. So after lunch I told the hub I just wanted to *look* at the baby clothes to see what they had. Uh huh... I'm sure you can see where this is going. I couldn't pass up this sweet little Hanna Andersson sleeper!




Costco had several prints, all at less than $12. They retail for $26, so that's a pretty good deal. You can get cheaper stuff of course, but I love Hanna Andersson stuff (especially at Costco prices). Now I KNOW we're going to get all kinds of goodies at showers and stuff, so don't worry... I'm not going crazy! I just wanted to buy a few *boy* things now that we know. The hub said it feels so weird to be buying this stuff for us and not other people... so true. I've bought a million baby gifts before, but now it's for OUR baby. What?! And I've decided I'll only buy killer sale and clearance goodies I happen upon. Because seriously, I know I will get loaded up. But when I get a $10 Kohl's card in the mail, I can't help but run over there and rummage through the clearance section! Like I did Sunday and found these...






After applying my $10 Kohl's card, my grand total was only $2.97! Can't beat that. And how stinkin' cute are those? They're MUCH cuter in person. These are lousy pics. The one on the left is chocolate brown and the other is navy blue. I'm also buying larger sizes for the most part - because I know most people buy the itty bitty stuff for gifts. And of course my mom couldn't help herself either. After getting the "boy" news on Thursday, she was at Target on Friday and picked up these goodies, along with some matching wash cloths...




Too fun! Our little guy is going to be all set come January. And speaking of him, we DID come up with a name this weekend! My Dad's birthday was yesterday and we gave him the "big reveal" first as part of his gift. So are you ready? Introducing (sort of... in my belly anyway)...


Nolen was my grandfather's name and if you know my story and are familiar with the Bible, then Samuel's probably pretty obvious! But read up on Hannah's story in I Samuel 1 if not and it will make sense. I can't get through it without becoming a blubbering mess. We plan to call him "Sam." I'm a fan of one-syllable names for boys.

So yay! That was our weekend pretty much... lots of running around, Dad's birthday, and playing the name game. And yeah, no closet painting got done! Hmm... next weekend?

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Such cute outfits! And I love his name. :) Congratulations!!

Renee said...

You deserve to show every little thing you buy for your guy. You have waited a long time for this time. And I love the name because my little man has the same first name!!

Jill said...

oh my word. Chills here. So moved by the name and re-reading the story. Perfect, perfect name. precious boy. Can't WAIT to meet him (and get my boy fix by buying some fun boy things for you!!)

Unknown said...

Aw, I love his name and don't think there could be a more perfect name for him.

Anne said...

LOVE that name!

Kathleen said...

I was at Costco recently too and saw a whole stack of fleece onesies. I wanted some so bad, but we don't know boy/girl yet and there weren't any neutral ones. I seriously can't wait to start buying like crazy!

Kids go through clothes like crazy so you'll definitely need more than what you get at your shower. And love the name! Sam Rogers will be good when he's a baby, a teenager and a grown-up! Nice choice!

Heather said...

I love the name that you chose! Oh, and the little outfits are just darling. I sort of wanted a girl too, but have been SO happy with our son.

Katie said...

Baby Sam is going to be such a lucky little man. Those outfits are adorable!

Jennifer said...

Such adorable things!
And I love his name! It's perfect! I think Sam is such a cute, cute name!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I love the jon jons! So sweet!! Tell Sam that his Titi KK loves him sooo much!!

Kiersten said...

Congrats on your baby boy! Those outfits are precious! I am due one day after you, and just found out on Friday that I am also having a boy. So fun! I haven't bought anything yet, but am looking forward to starting soon!

Renda said...

Love the name ! And please do post every picture of clothes! Some of us ( me ) see you as our alter ego!

Sandra said...

Enjoy every second of this! Love the name. XOXO

BroncoMom said...

This post has put a smile on my face today :)

Pretty Personal Gifts said...

Love the name!!!!

Lucky in Love said...

What a perfect name for your sweet little boy :)

Julie Tiemann said...

I know I commented via Twitter, but just want to say again how much I LOVE his name and the meaning behind it. And yes, adorable clothes, but STOP buying them! That's what the rest of us get to do, silly girl. :)