Monday, August 22, 2011

Orange you glad we finally painted the closet?

Yes, us too! And it turned out SO great. And it is seriously orange - I love it! Now remember this has no bearing whatsoever on our nursery colors - it's literally just the inside of the closet. I wanted something fun, bright, and gender-neutral. Turns out orange goes fabulously with blue AND pink. And while you can't really tell in these pics, it's like a sherbet orange. Rather delicious! Once again, here's the BEFORE pic in boring beige...




And the finished product! (The color shows up best in the 2nd pic, but none of these do the orange justice.)






Oh yeah, it is ALL orange, ceiling included. It's wise to put on some shades before entering. Once we get things more situated, I'll definitely get some better pics up, but for now I'm being lazy and using camera phone pics, so excuse the poor quality.

We're still going to add one more row of shelving on that left wall, and probably some more organizer thingees on the back wall. I just bought a couple of things at Wal-mart to see what might work. So this is a start! Sam's already racking up some goodies...




And speaking of goodies, I had another "spare change" trip to Kohl's this weekend. I rarely go in there, but if they send me a $10 card, I come runnin'. Just look at these cleareance cuties...



For literally, spare change! Love it!



Hope y'all have a great week! I'm still working on getting pics of our consignment goodies up. Check back soon...

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the color! Our bathroom is that color and when we first moved in, everyone asked, "Did the previous owners do that?" and I was like, "Nope, I did!" For some reason orange just really appealed to me and it came out great!

We find out in a few hours whether we're pink or blue. Actually what I'm more excited about is whether we're princess monkeys or non-princess monkeys! Love the stuff you picked up at Kohls!

mrs.mfc said...

Oh I love how bright and cheery that color makes the closet! Can't wait to see how you set up the closet. Our nursery-to-be has a tiny closet so it will take some creative ideas to make it organized. Love the clothes you picked up!

Melissa said...

Love it! I wanted to do a blue and orange nursery for our son because I love those colors together, but I couldn't find bedding I liked at a decent price, so we went with blue, brown, and white instead :)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Adorable!

They just sent you a gift card? Why?

Sandra said...

I adore the orange!!!! XOXO