Monday, July 1, 2013

Ketchup.

I'm sitting in the mall parking lot while the hubs gets fitted for his suit for his sister's wedding. Solitaire was getting kinda boring, so I figured I might as well update my poor dormant blog!

So... I spent the last week in the hospital after my ultrasound on Monday concerned my doctor a bit. I wasn't going in labor or anything, but he wanted to keep a close eye on things. Some fluid was spotted between the two sacs and Leo's fluid also appeared a little low. So off to Piedmont we went. I was only 24 weeks at that point, so we had the "scary" talk with the NICU doctor. I was put on magnesium and also got the steroid shots as a precaution. But Friday's follow up ultrasound looked good enough and I was freed! We were surprised - we were honestly getting prepared to have to spend the duration of the pregnancy in the hospital. We may be back there before too long, but I'm enjoying my freedom for now. Limited freedom that is - on full bed rest for the most part.

In other news, Sam is growing up so dang fast and learning new things every day. He has been in swim lessons all summer (survival type stuff - not like how to do a proper backstroke). He actually smiles when under water. So funny. Balls are still his #1 favorite toy. He'll do about anything for bananas or grapes (a.k.a. balls). He's currently fascinated with bugs. He is pretty much all boy! And his hair is so blonde right now... so funny and super cute. I will have to add some recent pics here.

We're on a mad dash to get ready for Ben and Leo's arrival. It's tough seeing as I am worthless and of no help! But we've got to get Sam moved over to his big boy room, and that involves actually putting together his big boy room. We've got his bedding and a plan in place - we just need to do it. My parents ordered us the 2nd crib and it arrives today (thanks, Nana and Gran!).  I have one crib skirt and need to order the second here soon. Other then getting Sam moved though, nothing is a big emergency or anything. But I like having everything in its place and ready to go, you know?

Also, I must brag on my hubby for being Superdad these last few weeks. He has been picking up my slack and then some, and truly played the part of a single dad this past week with me in the hospital. I don't know how he does it all, but somehow he's still smiling! He is juggling a lot and continues to have a great attitude. And we've also got lots of support from family and friends, which makes a big difference. Truly grateful!

Well that's the big news from our camp.  A pretty boring summer, but boring is what we're after right now. Plenty of time for excitement later on with our three boys!!!

3 comments:

Lady Law Dawg said...

Please "ketchup" more often!!!! You and your boys (all of them) are in my prayers. : )

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So happy you're home! Praying that lasts as long as possible.

KK

funfavorites said...

Glad you are doing well, twin pregnancy is not easy. It is an amazing adventure:)With my girls, I was hospitalized at 6 months, given the shot and then on bed rest and delivered at 35wks 2 days. They are still growing strong and healthy and just turned 3! Enjoy!