Monday, August 30, 2010

Emmy Favorites

Y'all know I'm an awards show junkie... and the Emmy's last night did NOT disappoint! Jimmy Fallon did an incredible job hosting. Lots of great laugh-out-loud moments. And of course seeing the stars glammed up is at least half the fun. Probably my favorite moment was the Glee-inspired opener...






Another fab moment was Jimmy's musical tribute to the shows we lost this last year. I of course especially loved his Billie Joe Armstrong imitation. He totally nailed his quirky head gestures - haha!






And of course there was the obligatory "In Memoriam" segment highlighting all the lost actors and TV crew members. But one of my favorites, Jewel, performed her song "Hole in my Heart" as the images played in the background - wow. This obviously isn't an Emmy clip of the performance (couldn't find one), but this is the song. I've seen her in concert several times. She's simply amazing. She usually just stands up on stage casually with her guitar, as in this video, and does her thing. Incredible...









I of course had E! on with red carpet highlights as soon as it started, but was running around the house getting stuff done. So I wasn't as glued to the tube and probably missed a lot of the glam. But the standout star for me? Claire Dane! WOW! My so-called hotness! Congrats to her for her big Emmy win for Temple Grandin.








And also big Hoorah's! for Jane Lynch taking best supporting actress in a comedy for her role as Sue Sylvester on Glee! SOOOO deserved and what a gracious acceptance speech...




Great show overall. Kudos, Jimmy Fallon! Loved it! What did you guys think?!

Alright, time to get this week rolling. Hope you all have a great one!

6 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I agree with you all around! I loved "Temple Grandin" so it was great to see them clean up the awards.

Cindy said...

LOVE Jewel!! She always does a great job! xo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved the Glee number!! Jimmy Fallon is great :)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So I happended to click on right as it was starting to I saw the fun opening number. (you know how I don't like awards shows) Very cute. But I just kept thinking WTF how did Kate get included? And I saw Jane's speech and though she was awesome! Then I clicked away of course but it seems like I saw the best of the program so yeah me!

Anonymous said...

I loved the Glee opening! I didn't catch the whole show but from what I've seen it looks great! I'm kind of sad that Mad Men didn't win for any of the actor categories.

Susan said...

Loved the whole show except including Kate!! I really don't like that woman and don't think she needs anymore air time! :)